SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
EHuntress
EHuntress is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
1992 SC
Default Is there a new owner or returning owner check list?

I'm coming over from S-Series to play for a little bit!

S-Series forum, we have a "sticky" for new and returning owners, it's really a great list.

I bought a 2006 VUE AWD 6Cyl 168,850 miles last night for my daughter and I was so looking for a nice little check list. It's a friend's vehicle, they bought it new in 2006, oil change was about 1000 miles ago.

If a list exist, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, please share what you think I need to know. It's a Honda engine, not the Saturn 1.9L which I am 4 cars deep into with over 20 years experience in maintenance, repairs, and rebuilds.

I already know this lovely Honda 6cyl has a crazy timing belt with the water pump running off the timing belt...

The brakes feel weird, so that is #1 investigation.

There is a tick knock by the glove box which is an actuator gear of the fan blower, makes me laugh, sounds like someone needs to get out.

And the a/c is not holding a charge.
http://thatsaturnchic.wordpress.com
Owner of a 1999 SL2 Saturn (manual trans)
Original 1997 SL2 Saturn owner RIP
Owner of a 1992 SC Saturn Coupe, AACA Senior winner!!!
Owner of a 1993 SC2
EHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Is there a new owner or returning owner check list?

Yea, crazy timing belt. Who designed this thing? Your friend has record of timing belt service? Your daughter like driving suv? Not exactly kid cool.
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
craftsman70
craftsman70 will become famous soon enough

2000 SL1
1998 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Is there a new owner or returning owner check list?

Welcome! I too had years of S series under my belt and added a Vue into the mix a few years ago. Definitely a different beast but still pretty easy to work on. I don't know if there is the same list, but there are lots of really helpful people here too. I do miss the Richpin videos though. Some of the first things I dealt with on my Vue were the wheel bearings which I had to swap out the hubs and the AC sometimes doesn't work well when idling. I do recommend draining and replacing the transmission fluid. The S series spoils you there. My fluid would stay pink for decades in SL1, but the Honda transmission in the vue needs more TLC. Every 10-20,000 miles I drain and replace the transmission flue with Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Full Synthec ATF.
craftsman70 is offline   Reply With Quote