SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
speedy02ls
speedy02ls is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default 2002 L200 security system issue

Hey everyone, I am in need of some major help here. My battery in my L200 Died yesterday, and I did not know. I got in my car and went to start it and "very slow crank then CLICK". Tried to jump it and "very slow crank-VROOM for 2 sec then dead". Tried to start it again and the same thing happened. Put a new battery in and the same thing happened but it cranked normally, this time i have a new battery. started ran for 2 sec then died. I have no power door locks, i have no drl's, my fuel gauge, and coolant gauge don't work, all my interior lights are out. when i turn my head lights on manually, my dash does not illuminate. my transmission is locked in park. also my security light will not come on at all. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speedy02ls is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2002 L200 security system issue

Did you try checking for blown fuses? In the engine fuse block as well as inside the car?
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
speedy02ls

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

all fuses are well
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Try pulling all bcm fuses for resetting the bcm. If you search past threads you may see bcm related issues as all your descriptions are bcm controlled including Passlock, GM's theft deterrent system. Worst case scenario is Passlock is in a failed enabled mode where it sent a fuel disable signal to the ecm to prevent the engine from running. There are two reset procedures to try, a 10-minute one and 30-minute one using the security indicator. Without this indicator ever turning ON may mean a bcm fault preventing an engine from running. These major faults requiring a tow to GM for bcm replacement occurred several years ago with fewer new posts until yours. The fuse pulling is a last ditch attempt at home remedy before the tow. There may be one more attempt but it requires buying a used bcm that also carries its own problems; mileage remains within each bcm and cannot be erased or changed and remotes have to be programmed by GM (only). Some members don't care about the odometer reading and only want their car back on the road.

Search threads on how to test for fuel, pressure, ignition, injector pulses, etc., if you are capable of advanced troubleshooting.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
btrautman
btrautman is on a distinguished road

sounds like BCM......
Did you short the battery in any way when you inserted the replacement battery into the car?
btrautman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
speedy02ls

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Happy Re: 2002 L200 security system issue

the bcm was the issue, had the car to the dealer and fixed. Car is now at home and well, thank you to everyone for your help. as of this post reply, we can consider this thread closed.