SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 09-07-2021, 02:00 AM   #1
cuetip
cuetip is a splendid one to beholdcuetip is a splendid one to beholdcuetip is a splendid one to beholdcuetip is a splendid one to beholdcuetip is a splendid one to beholdcuetip is a splendid one to behold

1997 SW1
Default Manual Window Very Difficult to Roll Up and Down

I have manual crank windows, and my passenger side front window was kind of hard to roll up and down. So today I tried fixing it. With the window rolled all the way down, I sprayed some silicone lube in the channels where the glass travels up and down. This made the window even harder to roll up and down. It's so bad now that when I try rolling the windows up or down it feels like the crank is going to break off from the force needed to turn. The silicone lube trick worked great for the rear windows though. Any ideas?
cuetip is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Manual Window Very Difficult to Roll Up and Down

Don't force it, summat else will be damaged.
I would remove the door skin and get access to the regulator assembly, something is binding it up, or broken and no longer supporting the frame the glass rides up in.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote