SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #41
velleguy73
velleguy73 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL
2002 SL
Default Re: A 2001 SC2 "BUMBLEBEE EDITION" 99 were made, where are they?

It is at a local pic and pull in Detroit. The interior was pretty good but none of the yellow seat inserts hold up over time. Rears and trim panels were good. The yellow threaded shifter was there.

I have the embroidered headrests if anybody wants them. They are perfect. Shoot me a pm.
velleguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #42
velleguy73
velleguy73 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL
2002 SL

It's in Ryan's pick a part in Detroit. Good yard. I like it better than Parts Galore.
velleguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #43
SL2Hawaii
SL2Hawaii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPCBAKER View Post
I had not heard of the 2001 special yellow SC2 coupe dubbed the BUMBLEBEE EDITION until very recently. Does any one here on Saturnforum have one of these little coupes? Only 99 units were built. If so, can you post some pics of this rare vehicle?
I am also curious how many fans have the 2001 '10th Anniversary Edition', (Only 1000 built). The original 1994 'Homecoming Edition', (3500 +/- built). The second 1999 'Homecoming Edition", (4000 +/- built).
I have read a few posts where someone found a 98 or 99 "Red Hot or White Hot Coupe". Only 1439 of these were built so they are rare also.
Come on guys, when one of these comes around let the fans know you have a special 'find'. I know I'm looking at all Saturns on the road a little closer hoping to see a Bumblebee.
There is one for sale in Washington on Craigslist.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5437035995.html
$7,000 rare but not sure if that's worth while.
SL2Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #44
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

I haven't been here in so long, I almost forgot about this place until I received a subscription update from this thread. Its been so long, I couldn't remember my password.

Kinda funny how all those years ago my brother had that Limited Edition yellow SC2 that everyone called the "Bumblebee Edition" and now I have this:

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #45
SL2Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I haven't been here in so long, I almost forgot about this place until I received a subscription update from this thread. Its been so long, I couldn't remember my password.

Kinda funny how all those years ago my brother had that Limited Edition yellow SC2 that everyone called the "Bumblebee Edition" and now I have this:

Very nice congratulations on the camaro, I rented one for my birthday but don't know if I would own one. I have a 1995 SC2 I remembered seeing it at a car show when I was a kid and you got to jup on a door panel on the ground. I did want the black with hold pearl one though.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #46
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Now we can say, "Hey, Mike, nice Bumblebee!" and not be corrected by other Saturnfans

Great looking car.

Does your son still think it's cool, or has he outgrown Transformers? He's gotta be high school age, or thereabouts

I can't place the exact moment/year when my youngest son's action figures all quietly vanished, when he decided he was too old to play with 'toys'
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #47
Way2QWK
Way2QWK is on a distinguished road

Here is one from a customer of mine. Dont remember the car number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellowsc2.jpg (91.6 KB, 37 views)
***Saturn Tech and owner of Planet Automotive in Tucson AZ. Specializing in Saturn repairs.

94 SW2- custom intake and ported throttle body
2003 Saturn Vue 3.0 v6
Way2QWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:28 AM   #48
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:

Hey, a voice from the past!... You gonna paint the roof black? Hmm, wonder which one is faster....

How is the kid, BTW? Geez, he must be old enough to be president now, eh?
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 AM   #49
SL2Hawaii

I just saw one today one of the 99 sitting on a cramped car lot. I first saw the headrests, then drove around the block and saw the rims and black emblem. If anyone wants one I found one for sale in Salem Oregon.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:59 AM   #50
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2

Not asking you to do any "legwork" but, did you notice what kind of shape it appeared to be in ? Did you see any sign that the used car lot knew what they had? Any price pasted across the windshield like some used car places do?

There was one (maybe on the classifieds here or another Saturn Forum) for a long time. Ostensibly, it had been bought and garaged with VERY low miles and very little wear and tear.

As rare as the Limited Edition is, I couldn't see spending what was being asked.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a white 2001 SC2 that I saw a few months ago. The engine had been completely rebuilt and the only thing "wrong" with it was the headliner needed to be replaced. My thinking, at the time. was : I can only drive one car at a time and I really don't have garage space for another.

If I ever run across something like that again (doubtful), I'll try really hard NOT to rationalize my way out of buying it.
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #51
SL2Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Cee View Post
Not asking you to do any "legwork" but, did you notice what kind of shape it appeared to be in ? Did you see any sign that the used car lot knew what they had? Any price pasted across the windshield like some used car places do?

There was one (maybe on the classifieds here or another Saturn Forum) for a long time. Ostensibly, it had been bought and garaged with VERY low miles and very little wear and tear.

As rare as the Limited Edition is, I couldn't see spending what was being asked.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a white 2001 SC2 that I saw a few months ago. The engine had been completely rebuilt and the only thing "wrong" with it was the headliner needed to be replaced. My thinking, at the time. was : I can only drive one car at a time and I really don't have garage space for another.

If I ever run across something like that again (doubtful), I'll try really hard NOT to rationalize my way out of buying it.
Don't know if they knew what they have it was in the front area of the lot but this car dealer looks like like a car dealer I would never think of stopping into. This is a extremely cramped lot. The company is called Toy Co off of 12th street and if you do a search you will see what I mean.
The car is straight original rims has a sunroof deflector. Still has the black emblem and the headrests and could see the yellow inlays for the seat. The paint seams a little tired but no clear coat separation. Don't know if it's the case but in looking at a lot like that I would be concerned the car was repainted after an accident or something, but that's just a perception. From what I could see on the second drive by it matches to a "limited edition" model.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:13 AM   #52
SL2Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL2Hawaii View Post
Don't know if they knew what they have it was in the front area of the lot but this car dealer looks like like a car dealer I would never think of stopping into. This is a extremely cramped lot. The company is called Toy Co off of 12th street and if you do a search you will see what I mean.
The car is straight original rims has a sunroof deflector. Still has the black emblem and the headrests and could see the yellow inlays for the seat. The paint seams a little tired but no clear coat separation. Don't know if it's the case but in looking at a lot like that I would be concerned the car was repainted after an accident or something, but that's just a perception. From what I could see on the second drive by it matches to a "limited edition" model.
Forgot to answer the other question. No none of the cars had any prices on them this is a sardine can type of car dealer cars are packed onto a little lot.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #53
SL2Hawaii

I would assume they have no idea about the limited edition as there was 2 s series cars on the lot. I didn't ask specifically about the yellow one. Both are priced at $3,950.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:14 AM   #54
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2

Thanks for the info. That was really more than I was expecting but it is appreciated. I'll see if I can Google the lot to "experience" the "ambience" lol.

Still, (IMO) $3,950 sounds high even if they DO know it's a rarity.

Thanks again

Edit: I just checked and their website has "Stepped Out". But, went on Yelp and, in the reviews , the cons exceed the pros about 4 to 1. Still, I may be through there in a few weeks on my way from Las Vegas to the Seattle area and it might give me an excuse to stop, stretch my legs and see what's what.

Last edited by Mister_Cee; 05-29-2016 at 03:25 AM. Reason: newly discovered information
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #55
coolcat2
Advanced Member
coolcat2 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
2002 SL1

Hey LowSaturn,
A year ago or so I came across your Bumblebee in Las Vegas on a car lot for $1700. It was numbered #97/99 on the gas tank door. I couldn't purchase it so I told them what the had. Later they listed it as a limited edition and wanted $3500! Thought you might be interested!
coolcat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #56
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

Wow. That interesting. For $1700 I would of considered making a flight to buy it and drive it home
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
Old 08-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #57
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Wow. That interesting. For $1700 I would of considered making a flight to buy it and drive it home
Same here

I paid $1500 for my current SC2, so it would have been just an extra couple hundred bucks and a plane ticket, plus oil/gas and hotel/food on the way home - and it wouldn't have 15 years of rust

Potentially another special edition in San Jose pick n pull
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232307

Your son is pretty close to driving age by now
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #58
Low Saturn

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post

Your son is pretty close to driving age by now
Yes he is. He'll be 15 in two weeks. I've been letting him drive the Camaro with me when we go up to our families cabin. We've been looking to get him a Wrangler.
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
Old 12-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #59
Low Saturn

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

Will be going to look at #78 tomorrow morning. If everything check out, I'll be posting pics tomorrow afternoon with it in my driveway. Isn't there a registry of these somewhere?
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
Old 12-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #60
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to all

1997 SW2

Interesting timing how this thread has been woked up.
There’s a BumbleBee transformer movie coming out in 20 days. It is a prequel set in 1987. BumbleBee is a Volkswagen Beetle (too bad it isn’t a yellow Saturn and a handful of years later).

I hate Transformers movies and was born too early for the cartoons. In the movies they look like junk spinning around when the fighting starts. I am just too old for today’s movies which have 200mph action sequences not making sense in my 55 mph brain.

8119F8B8-BA3C-4E9A-9A1A-8FA6593FEABC.jpeg
• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote