SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #1
brotherhay
brotherhay is on a distinguished road

Dizzy instrument panel non functioning

I recently purchased a '93 SL2. It had some minor problems, and one that I cant figure out. The instrument panel is non-functional, and its not the fuses. The lights work that illuminate the panel, but the tach, speedometer, odo, trip, fuel and heat gauges dont work at all. Before i go drop a substantial amount at a dealer, maybe someone could give me pointer at how i could approach fixing it myself. I am electronically literate so i should be able to achieve the task if its not too involved. Please help me!!!!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Keep in mind the car has TWO fuses boxes. One under teh hood, and another behind a kick panel that just pops of the LEFT side of the passenger side front seat foot well. Provided you have checked BOTH fuse boxes, the main harness plug on the back of the instrument cluster may have come loose. (Although I can't imagine how) or the harness plug running from the PCM to the cluster may be loose/unplugged at the PCM (under the dash drivers side big shiney metal box) or the connector behind the trim panel (left side) in the DRIVER'S side foot well.
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 10-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

Do any of the warning lights at the bottom of the cluster work? If not, as above, I would suspect the connector at the back of the cluster (under the dashtop).
Closed Thread