SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 05-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
PerfectReign
PerfectReign is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Larger Transmission Pan / Tranny Cooler

I posted a similar question yesterday in the Avalanche Forum for my 2006 Avalanche. In the next few weeks, I want to get myself a new B&M or Mag-Hytec deep transmission pan and a tranny cooler (flex-a-lite should work) to make sure my tranny stays cool for the summer for the Avalanche. I plan to do this before the end of June.

However, for a Saturn, I cannot find squat on replacement transmission pans for the 3.5L Honda engine or transmission coolers.

Do any of you know what might be available?
kai - remember - a turn signal is a statement, not a request
2005 Vue V6 FWD || 2006 Chevy Avalanche WBH Charcoal
PerfectReign is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Bill Murray
Master Member
Bill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
1997 SC1
Default Re: Larger Transmission Pan / Tranny Cooler

The Honda trans doesn't use a separate pan like a rwd Hydramatic.
The oil sump is part of the cast aluminum transmission housing.

As for a cooler, I'd recommend a B&M 70268.
Amazon sells them for 50 bucks.

I'd recommend changing trans oil (at least the 4.5 quarts that drains out the plug) every 30,000 miles. It's as easy as an engine oil change.
Bill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
glenstewart
glenstewart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murray View Post
As for a cooler, I'd recommend a B&M 70268.
I just installed this cooler. It fit leaning diagonally in front of the A/C radiator, at the top of the bumper - so air can still get around it (somewhat), rather than transmitting its full heat to the A/C radiator if it had been directly flush-mounted to the A/C radiator.

Front of Vue /| (/=cooler, |=A/C radiator)

There is a groove between the bumper foam and steel, which the bottom edge of the cooler fit into. Then the plastic air guide kind of clamped it in position. The hose fittings both point up.

The long edge of the cooler was too long to fit vertically in the avaialble space, else I would have kept my hose runs shorter.

Thanks for the tip on the model. It's a 20,000 BTU cooler. The 29,000 BTU unit would have been too tall in every aspect to fit like this.
glenstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenstewart View Post
I just installed this cooler. It fit leaning diagonally in front of the A/C radiator, at the top of the bumper - so air can still get around it (somewhat), rather than transmitting its full heat to the A/C radiator if it had been directly flush-mounted to the A/C radiator.

Front of Vue /| (/=cooler, |=A/C radiator)

There is a groove between the bumper foam and steel, which the bottom edge of the cooler fit into. Then the plastic air guide kind of clamped it in position. The hose fittings both point up.

The long edge of the cooler was too long to fit vertically in the avaialble space, else I would have kept my hose runs shorter.

Thanks for the tip on the model. It's a 20,000 BTU cooler. The 29,000 BTU unit would have been too tall in every aspect to fit like this.
You may have complicated life of the A/C condenser - its in front of radiator.

Do you tow a trailer? Just curious why you decided to provide more cooling for ATF?
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote