SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 02-14-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
CB12
CB12 is on a distinguished road

Default 2003 Ion 3 - Intermittent No Start/Engine Shut Off While Driving

Hello all,

I've been scouting these forums and other Saturn forums looking for an answer for my issue but haven't quite found a solution. Hoping someone will be able to help me out.

For a few months now, my Ion will either not start or will start and shut off while driving. What happens is when I turn the key to start the vehicle, there will be no dings signifying that a key is in the ignition and when I turn it to RUN my dash will light up with PWR STR, COOLANT, TRACTION, the ABS light will come up, basically every warning light there is. Turn the key to start.. nothing happens. Now, I've also had it where this will occur and while I have the key in RUN, it will start dinging and all the lights will go away and it starts.

This problem will also occur while driving. Doesn't matter what speed or the temperature out. Initially I thought it was temperature bc it was -30 C out when it first happened but it also happens when it's above 0 C. I'll lose power to the engine and my dash will light up, but I won't lose power to the car. Radio is still on and everything.

I've replaced the ECM with a refurbished one from Flagship1 , cleaned the main grounds from the engine and to the battery, replaced the ignition switch with one from an 07', checked all the fuses. I'm kind of out of ideas at this point.

Another issue is I have no power to my OBDII port and the trunk button. If anyone has an idea to why that would be great too. I know this is a lot of information but hoping someone has a solution!
CB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2022, 08:58 PM   #2
dcjredline
dcjredline has a spectacular aura aboutdcjredline has a spectacular aura aboutdcjredline has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: 2003 Ion 3 - Intermittent No Start/Engine Shut Off While Driving

You have to test things while its not starting. Does it crank at all? Is there power going to the starter solenoid? Can you get a code reader to communicate with the computer?
dcjredline is offline   Reply With Quote