SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings

Old 01-23-2022, 06:39 PM   #1
Sombramujer
Sombramujer is on a distinguished road

1991 SL
2007 VUE 2.2L
Default SaturnSL Questions

Hi everyone Its been so long since I have been on here I had forgot how all this works. My name is Sombramujer and I am a big Saturn fan. I have a 1991 SL body and I have 2 1994's 1SL1 the other SL2. and I really need to talk to people that know about these cars.
Please someone tell me if I have started this off wrong. I saw some where over in the site that gave a list of the rules and I hope I'm not breaking rules. I need guidance as to where I'm supposed to go period. I'm dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to the forums because I don't know how to use them. So
PLEASE HELP.
Sombramujer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2022, 01:46 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: SaturnSL Questions

Your best step was returning here to Saturnfans. For whatever reasons, this site has the most information about maintaining our Saturns, a wealth of free information.

Post a thread for each model (to keep confusion down). It helps everyone if you can include year, mileage, maintenance done, parts replaced, error codes, and symptoms. Opening threads should have as much info to minimize playing twenty questions, prolonging help.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:19 AM   #3
Sombramujer

1991 SL
2007 VUE 2.2L

Thanks fdryer for the information you gave me Still unsure if I'm in the right place but here goes I'm sure someone can tell me where to go
I have a 1994 Saturn SL2 Automatic, DOHC 4 door sedan I'm not sure on the miles right now but will look and post them later We rebuilt the engine when I first got it and I never got to drive it much, long story that I might tell later also. Any way the problem I have right now is parts for this car is discontinued and I need the Windshield Wiper switch and can't find one anywhere. Checked all of the local junk yards and there is not a 1994 Saturn Sl2 to be found. I called the dealer and gave them the vin number so I could get the part number. Got that but still can't find the part anywhere. Ebay says they have it but when I compare the connections they don't match. Dealer told me that 1994 does not seem to interchange with another year. I know that 1991 and 1992 are interchangeable with each other but as far as I know those are the only two that is. I guess my question is, is there any one on here that might be able to help me find the windshield wiper switch. The unit is the complete part with head light and blinker switch along with the wiper switch. The part number is 21021956 or 21021955.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Sombramujer; 01-28-2022 at 01:25 AM. Reason: wanted to give recognition to whom I am speaking to.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:58 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I inadvertently left out an important tip in directing you to the forum of other S-series owners.

When entering this site, if you click on the Forum tab in the dark red horizontal bar near the top of the page, you'll enter the forums page, listing every Saturn model. Scroll down the page in the models category until you find the Saturn S-series then click on S-series Tech to open a page. That forum is where you should post a thread. Not here in the Community Center. My apology for not mentioning this tip before. You have options (although the first choice may result in some delays unless the admin is in); email a request to the admin, Charlie, to move your thread (mention title of your thread) to the appropriate forum or just create a new thread in the S-series Tech forums, copy and paste your post and let this thread die.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #5
Sombramujer

1991 SL
2007 VUE 2.2L

Thank you fdryer. I'm looking for the forum tab in the dark red horizontal bar near the top but I don't see it on my screen.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #6
Sombramujer

1991 SL
2007 VUE 2.2L

Thank you fdryer. I'm looking for the forum tab in the dark red horizontal bar near the top but I don't see it on my screen. I think I found the S Series and the S series tech forums. I have copied my post and going to paste in in the S series tech forum. Keeping my fingers that I'm doing this correctly and I don't know how to email the Admin Charlie. I hope he won't throw me out. wish me luck because I still don't know what I'm doing.
Again I want to thank you for your kindness and help.