SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
tomk77
tomk77 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy shut down!!!

I need help please! My 01 sw2 was running fine, i stopped at a store for 15 mins. got back in car and it fired right up! then it cut off; it fired right up again! I backed out and drove forward 100 feet and it shut off??? will not refire; cranks over fine! I have checked all fuses and swapped all relays, every thing on the car works like normal but the fuel gauge shows empty and the temp gauge shows cold? also i have an actron 9580 and it reads link error!! I tried another scan tool and i get the same link error message???? thanks in advance!!!
tomk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: shut down!!!

Is the yellow security light on? It is on the instrument panel.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
tomk77

no and all security features work ie: door locks, horn chirp and lights blink!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Check ALL fuses in BOTH fuse boxes.
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
tomk77

all systems go!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk77 View Post
all systems go!!
NOT! If they were then the engine would have fired up. You're stuck on the launch pad...........with either a fuel or ignition problem. And this ain't no rocket launch.

1-Does the instrument panel light up and turn off while listening for the faint hum/hiss of the fuel pump running for 2-3 seconds? The remaining i/p lights would be battery, oil, seat belt, and brake. This is the normal start up and final status before turning the ignition key to START.

2-An empty fuel indication? Is the tank empty? It might explain your predicament. Its rare for the tank needle to break.

3-After turning ON the ignition, locate the fuel rail's test valve, remove the cap and cover loosely with a rag while depressing the valve stem, expecting a healthy spray of fuel. Spray means the entire fuel system is operating correctly otherwise troubleshoot; fuse, pump relay, wiring to pump and pump ground connection.

4-A spark test; remove coil wires after noting firing order and have someone crank the engine while you observe for spark. No spark usually means either a faulty crank position sensor (CPS) or ignition control module. More cps' fail than icm's. The cps is above and behind the starter, mounted with one 10mm bolt. Buy it from any auto store.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote