SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 03-23-2021, 06:06 AM   #1
StarlightWarden
StarlightWarden is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Vue Squeaking When hitting Certain Speeds

I recently bought a used 2007 Vue, and am experiencing a annoying squeaking noise that recently developed. The sound is not present until I hit around 25mph, and will disappear after around 55-60mph. It doesnít seem to be effected by the conditions of the road, but merely the speed Iím going. I have been trying to track the sound down from inside the cabin while driving, but itís hard to pinpoint exactly where itís coming from. It does seem a bit like itís louder on the driver side though. With all the windows up it sounds like it is coming from the back driver side wheel area, but with that window down you canít hear the sound at all. Only on the drivers side window does the sound persist.

I know these Saturns are prone to making literally every noise conceivable and have had a poor track record of dealership maintenance in the past to find noises, but Iíve been trying to hone in on the sound of this for four or five days now. If anyone might have a similar scenario, I would appreciate the help!

Here is a link a video of the sound Iím dealing with: https://imgur.com/a/L0eWZOs
StarlightWarden is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the rough

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2007 Vue Squeaking When hitting Certain Speeds

Sounds like it's in the cabin, I'd say the rubbing tab on the front brake heat shield I posted years back, but sounds too high pitched. Is the pitch speed dependent?
Angry White Planet Ohth.... The REAL "Salt Life"!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
StarlightWarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck318 View Post
Sounds like it's in the cabin, I'd say the rubbing tab on the front brake heat shield I posted years back, but sounds too high pitched. Is the pitch speed dependent?
It is not as loud inside, especially with the windows up. But when driving and having the windows down it will begin to increase in frequency of the chirping noises, anything after 20-25mph triggers it, it seems. At 40 or more it is constant. Sometimes going over a small bump will stop it while other times itíll persist still. After 60 or 70mph, it usually is gone. When braking it will sometimes be there or be nonexistent.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the rough

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2006 VUE 3.5L

OK, I dug this up again, you don't state your location if you have high humidity, dampness or salty corrosies used on the roads as we do on Planet Ohth. I used to pry this tab back every so often, the noise would eventually come back after a salty or damp period.

Jangling/Squeak from Front end
Angry White Planet Ohth.... The REAL "Salt Life"!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #5
StarlightWarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck318 View Post
OK, I dug this up again, you don't state your location if you have high humidity, dampness or salty corrosies used on the roads as we do on Planet Ohth. I used to pry this tab back every so often, the noise would eventually come back after a salty or damp period.

Jangling/Squeak from Front end
Ah yeah, Iím in the salty state of pot holes that is Michigan. I will have to look into this. Iím not sure if thatís the same sound that piece of metal produces, but Iíll look around and see if that may be to blame.