SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 10-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Ccrussell
Ccrussell has a spectacular aura aboutCcrussell has a spectacular aura aboutCcrussell has a spectacular aura about

1999 SC2
1999 SC2
Default Dealer find

Hello,
Iím going this Saturday afternoon to look at a car.
A guy called me up after I posted a local craigslist ad ( I am looking for a manual swap)and he stated that he has a dealer demo model that cannot be registered and has only 4000 original miles on it.
Said there are holes cut in the trunk floor to show structure, door skins off to show structure ,valve cover cut in half, but a complete car otherwise .
was running when parked in his barn about a decade ago. Legally cannot be registered. Says it will make an excellent parts car.
I asked him if is it an S series he said he was not sure S series or L series but I imagine it is worthy of a look. Asking 500.
Ccrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
jpsuli
jpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2
1999 SW2
Default Re: Dealer find

Def take some pics if you don't buy it - sure sounds interesting!
'97 Saturn SL2 @ 146k (M. swapped) - SOLD
'99 Saturn SW2 @ 104k (M. swapped) - SOLD
r/Saturn_Cars moderator
jpsuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #3
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

If indeed the car was EVER running, with having its valve cover cut in half, they must have had a special valve cover, kinda like 1/2 metal and the other half with some clear plastic extrusion to seal it up oil tight, no? Guess then someone could watch how the top part of the engine worked....might have been really cool to watch.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:15 AM   #4
Ccrussell
Ccrussell has a spectacular aura aboutCcrussell has a spectacular aura aboutCcrussell has a spectacular aura about

1999 SC2
1999 SC2

Hey,
Yes I asked about the half valve cover, which I donít know if he still has, but he did however say he replaced the valve cover immediately with a functioning complete unit.
Really hoping it is an S series car but itís a 2002 model so it may not be.
Any point in preserving this car just as it is?
I personally cannot do it my wife would kill me. House is already starting to look like Sanford & Son .
Old 10-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
Ccrussell

1999 SC2
1999 SC2

Ok,
I just got back. It was a bust. It was not an S series car it was covered in 20 years of barn debris as might be a Imagined , bird crap etc.
Was in fact 4000 mile L series interior was excellent overall condition of the car was pretty good took a light hit to the nose damage the under chin spoiler somewhat one of the headlamps too.
Good car for somebody not for me it was a pass.
Itís in Honesdale Pennsylvania if anyoneís interested .
additionally there were other stuff .
there was a Geo Metro ,Ford focus ,couple other cars ,MG nothing I was interested in.
My take away is if you donít look you donít know!
Old 10-10-2021, 01:48 AM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrussell View Post
...he was not sure S series or L series but I imagine it is worthy of a look...
If this car still has wheels on it - or at least has exposed hubs - with a 5 lug pattern then it's an L-Series car. Frankly, I wouldn't mind picking up a parts car of this kind.
361K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weakened military; increased terrorism; an emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct...too bad.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #7
Ccrussell

1999 SC2
1999 SC2

Hello,
Honesdale Pa. sure he will take less than 500. Parting out alone would quickly recoup cost/towing spent. Certainly will go to the salvage yard if someone doesnít scoop it up.
Pm me if interested for contact info.