SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default New Aura owner

So in a week or so i'll be the new owner of a 2007 navy blue Aura XE.

Day after christmas my 11' Chevy Cruze LTZ got totaled, $20k in damage. I wasn't in the car when it happened, it happened at my work. It was a fun little car and was built like a tank.

Since then i've debated of buying an older car and paying it off or buying a used Prius. I didn't really want another car payment. But the other day the Fiance's mom told us that his grandmothers car was going to be sold. They took his grandma's license and keys away this past summer because she was at to much of a risk. She has dementia.

So i looked at the car this past weekend and said yes. It has just over 20k on it, always been garage kept. Inside is in mint condition, outside is okay. The paint shines, but the rear bumper is missing paint. She backed into a fence and it removed the paint. So aside from that its practically brand new.

Its i'm assuming the entry level XE. It has all the buttons on the steering wheel, cloth power seats, standard GM radio, bluetooth, keyless entry. No remote start, no heated seats, fog lights or sunroof. But does appear to have a chrome package.

With any luck this car will last me as long as my 00' SL2 with 260k. Which i am currently using. I gave it to my aunt last year, but since i have no car...kinda stole it back for a while.

Pictures!




Does appear the pictures will load right here. So here is the link to flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/beach_b...n/photostream/

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/beach_baby/12291847085/" title="07 aura by beach_baby103, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5511/12291847085_939730a8d6.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="07 aura"></a>
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k

Last edited by Beachbaby902; 02-03-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
golftango
Senior Member
golftango will become famous soon enough
 
golftango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 1,701
 
Default Re: New Aura owner

Congrats.

Just curious as to why you didn't step up to a newer model like an '09?
...
2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golftango
https://500px.com/golftango
https://www.instagram.com/golftango
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
Congrats.

Just curious as to why you didn't step up to a newer model like an '09?
I wouldn't have bothered with another Saturn right now, if it wasn't for the fact that its family. I'm buying the car for $6k which is much cheaper then i would spend elsewhere and the car only has 20k on it. And has been garage kept. One owner.

Plus this way i don't have to go out and get a loan, i'm just paying her for it.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Actually looking into the aura's more, it appears the 07' doesn't have bluetooth. Thats just some kinda voice control for the stereo?
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough
 
gpartrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N. VA
Posts: 545
 

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

Hello and congratulations on your soon-to-be new Saturn AURA XE. As you've been a member of this site for a few years, you know what an informative and supportive community this is.

Sorry you lost your Cruze LTZ. However, getting a 2007 Saturn AURA for $6k with only 20k miles on her is a FANTASTIC deal (sorry it's at your Grandmother's "expense" but it'll happen to all of us, someday, if we're lucky).

The AURA is a TERRIFIC vehicle. If you take good care of it and service it regularly, it should serve you well for many years to come.

The blue on the 2007 AURA is called Midnight Blue. It was only for the 1st / 2007 model year. 2008 / 09's blue is called Deep Blue.

The 2007 Saturn AURA did not come with Bluetooth. It was only available on 2009 AURA's and pretty much only on late model year built ones.

Hopefully all of the manuals are present with your new AURA. There should be an Owners Manual, Warranty book and 2 key FOBS. If your grandmother doesn't have all of this or know where it all is, you can go to your local GM dealer and get the "key code". They'll print it out for in the parts department.

If anything is missing, you can download the manuals either from www.saturn.com or get them from Ebay.

You can also go to your local GM dealer and have them print a "build sheet" for your AURA. All they need is the VIN.

The wheels on your AURA, judging from your pics, are 17" machined alloys. Very nice.

For the 2007 model year, the AURA was only offered in the XE or XR trim. The 2007 AURA XE came with the 3.5-Liter 4 cylinder 4 speed transmission which makes 224hp and 220 torque.

BTW, you may want to stop by your local GM dealer and see if there are any recalls or TSB's on your AURA.

As mentioned, there are very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum. Please visit the forum often and update us on your impressions and ownership experience.

Please update us when you finally have her and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
...
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 02-04-2014 at 11:38 AM.
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough
 
gpartrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N. VA
Posts: 545
 

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

I need to correct myself, the 2007 XE came with the 3.5-Liter 6 cylinder engine with a 4 spd. transmission. Fuel economy is rated at 20/29.

I know you mentioned you didn't have remote start and don't have the sunroof but thought I'd list the available options as you might have one or two of them. Perhaps one of our forum members knows of the "2007 Saturn AURA Spec Sheet"? I have the one for 2008 and 2009 but wasn't able to locate one for the 2007 AURA.

Options:

"Convenience Package": remote vehicle start, heated front seats, universal remote remote and auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with compass display.

"Enhanced Convenience Package": Six-way adjustable power front passenger seat and power adjustable pedals.

Floor mats with AURA embroidery, including front, rear and trunk mats.

Panoromic four-panel power roof

"Premium Trim Package": eight-way adjustable power driver's seat with lumbar adjustment, steering wheel mounted audio controls and outside heated power-adjustable mirrors.

"Premium Trim Package": Leather-appointed seats, heated driver and front passenger seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob.

"Advanced Audio Package": six-disc, in-dash CD / MP3 player with AM / FM stereo, 240-watt amplifier, eight speakers, auxilliary input jack, speed-compensated volume and rear seat audio controls with two wireless headphones.

XM Satellite Radio.

These are all of the listed options in the 2007 AURA brochure.

There is also a recall notice for the "shift cable". This is definitely something you should check to see whether your AURA has had this checked. The link to the attachment for it is contained in this thread:
http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=184780

Several owners have complained of issues with the "intermediate steering shaft". Lubrication or replacement is usually the fix. Symptoms usually encountered are a "clunk" when turning the steering wheel.

Hopefully other members will chime in and mention some of the issues so you know what to look for if you encounter something odd with your AURA.

Don't worry too much, however, even if it is the 1st model year for the AURA. These are GREAT cars.
...
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #7
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
I need to correct myself, the 2007 XE came with the 3.5-Liter 6 cylinder engine with a 4 spd. transmission. Fuel economy is rated at 20/29.

I know you mentioned you didn't have remote start and don't have the sunroof but thought I'd list the available options as you might have one or two of them. Perhaps one of our forum members knows of the "2007 Saturn AURA Spec Sheet"? I have the one for 2008 and 2009 but wasn't able to locate one for the 2007 AURA.

Options:

"Convenience Package": remote vehicle start, heated front seats, universal remote remote and auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with compass display.

"Enhanced Convenience Package": Six-way adjustable power front passenger seat and power adjustable pedals.

Floor mats with AURA embroidery, including front, rear and trunk mats.

Panoromic four-panel power roof

"Premium Trim Package": eight-way adjustable power driver's seat with lumbar adjustment, steering wheel mounted audio controls and outside heated power-adjustable mirrors.

"Premium Trim Package": Leather-appointed seats, heated driver and front passenger seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob.

"Advanced Audio Package": six-disc, in-dash CD / MP3 player with AM / FM stereo, 240-watt amplifier, eight speakers, auxilliary input jack, speed-compensated volume and rear seat audio controls with two wireless headphones.

XM Satellite Radio.

These are all of the listed options in the 2007 AURA brochure.

There is also a recall notice for the "shift cable". This is definitely something you should check to see whether your AURA has had this checked. The link to the attachment for it is contained in this thread:
http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...d.php?t=184780

Several owners have complained of issues with the "intermediate steering shaft". Lubrication or replacement is usually the fix. Symptoms usually encountered are a "clunk" when turning the steering wheel.

Hopefully other members will chime in and mention some of the issues so you know what to look for if you encounter something odd with your AURA.

Don't worry too much, however, even if it is the 1st model year for the AURA. These are GREAT cars.
I'll have to check the recall. If its on that aura, i'm willing to bet its still active. Its been sitting in the garage the past month and before that it was only driven on occasion since she lost her license. Even before she rarely drove it.

It does have a power driver seat, i believe the eight way. Doesn't have leather. Doesn't have heated seats (I was really hoping for that) No auto dimming mirror sadly. But it does have all the controls on the steering wheel, i saw the little voice face icon and thought it had bluetooth. Hopefully it at least has XM then.

It does have all the manuals and window sticker in the glove box. I opened the glove box cause no one knew the year of the car and i found all the manuals and what not.

It does the remotes and keyless entry, not remote start button though. The floor mats, i'm not sure of. I'm pretty sure the inside had floor mats but the trunk didn't have a aura one.

The mirrors i don't believe are heated either.

I'll know more Saturday when i pick it up.

I'm the type to get all the service done on time. My cruze had 54k and i was getting ready after the new year to take it in to have all the fluids changed.

Which by the way, does the aura need the oil changed every 3k 5k or just go by what the car says? My cruze i usually went about 5k which was around 30-40% oil life left on the display.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

I know the warranty was 6 years 100k.

Since it just ran out in 2013, and only has 20k do you think gm would allow me to get an extended warranty on it? For a fee of course. (as long as its not some outrageous price too)
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough
 
gpartrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N. VA
Posts: 545
 

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

Although I pretty much only travel locally, I'm a big believer in the extended warranty for a lot of reasons. Primarily because I'm not a DIYer. I don't, however, know whether you can get a General Motors Protection Plan (GMPP warranty) for your AURA at this stage.

Interestingly enough, I just spoke with a GMPP service center rep. last week as my 2011 Camaro is coming up on the bumper to bumper expiration this summer and a fellow Camaro forum member had asked about this as well. From what I was given to understand, it appears that if one purchased their car from a GM dealer new, then an owner may sign up online for the GMPP (I received an offer letter in the mail with a code on it to login into their site and see the different rates).

If one purchased their vehicle used from a GM dealer and the ORIGINAL bumper to bumper warranty has not yet expired, one may call GMPP and they'll provide login information (I think even if the vehicle was purchased from a non-GM dealer, one may also still sign up).

If the vehicle was purchased from a non-GM dealer or is out of the bumper to bumper warranty, one must take their vehicle to a GM dealer for an appraisal of its current mileage, condition (and history?) and may then possible purchase a GMPP from the dealer's finance office (from what I understand, rates might be negotiable).

I purchased a "0 deductible, Major Guard" GMPP for my AURA which provides, among other things, roadside emergency service, rental car coverage if a repair takes longer than a day and a few other things. I think it covers an awful lot. I'll probably opt for it on my Camaro and when it runs out on my AURA if I still have it, I'll renew the GMPP, as well.

Here are the two sites re; General Motors Protection Plans (accepted nation-wide at any GM dealer).

http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/ourproducts.html

https://www.gmppdirect.com/consumerd...webhome.action

My 1st suggestion would be to call "GMPP Direct" at 1-800-981-4677 (https://www.gmppdirect.com/consumerd...webhome.action) and see what they might be able to do for you (as your AURA is already out of the bumper to bumper - as far as the time limit)

There are several folks here who know one heck of a lot more than I do about this and hopefully they'll correct or elaborate any points I may have been incorrect or sparse on.
...
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 02-06-2014 at 11:58 AM.
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #10
greyXE
Junior Member
greyXE is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 17
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbaby902 View Post
I'll have to check the recall. If its on that aura, i'm willing to bet its still active. Its been sitting in the garage the past month and before that it was only driven on occasion since she lost her license. Even before she rarely drove it.

It does have a power driver seat, i believe the eight way. Doesn't have leather. Doesn't have heated seats (I was really hoping for that) No auto dimming mirror sadly. But it does have all the controls on the steering wheel, i saw the little voice face icon and thought it had bluetooth. Hopefully it at least has XM then.

It does have all the manuals and window sticker in the glove box. I opened the glove box cause no one knew the year of the car and i found all the manuals and what not.

It does the remotes and keyless entry, not remote start button though. The floor mats, i'm not sure of. I'm pretty sure the inside had floor mats but the trunk didn't have a aura one.

The mirrors i don't believe are heated either.

I'll know more Saturday when i pick it up.

I'm the type to get all the service done on time. My cruze had 54k and i was getting ready after the new year to take it in to have all the fluids changed.

Which by the way, does the aura need the oil changed every 3k 5k or just go by what the car says? My cruze i usually went about 5k which was around 30-40% oil life left on the display.
My 2008 XE did not have the remote start button on the FOB, but I was able to remote start the car by:

1. pushing the lock button on the FOB one time

2. then push the unlock button on the FOB two times

3. then push the lock button on the FOB one more time

Not sure why this worked as a remote start activation for the Aura. The salesman said some of these cars had remote start embedded in the computer but never got the remote start FOBs. Any way, the remote start worked for me using this method.
greyXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
Although I pretty much only travel locally, I'm a big believer in the extended warranty for a lot of reasons. Primarily because I'm not a DIYer. I don't, however, know whether you can get a General Motors Protection Plan (GMPP warranty) for your AURA at this stage.

Interestingly enough, I just spoke with a GMPP service center rep. last week as my 2011 Camaro is coming up on the bumper to bumper expiration this summer and a fellow Camaro forum member had asked about this as well. From what I was given to understand, it appears that if one purchased their car from a GM dealer new, then an owner may sign up online for the GMPP (I received an offer letter in the mail with a code on it to login into their site and see the different rates).

If one purchased their vehicle used from a GM dealer and the ORIGINAL bumper to bumper warranty has not yet expired, one may call GMPP and they'll provide login information (I think even if the vehicle was purchased from a non-GM dealer, one may also still sign up).

If the vehicle was purchased from a non-GM dealer or is out of the bumper to bumper warranty, one must take their vehicle to a GM dealer for an appraisal of its current mileage, condition (and history?) and may then possible purchase a GMPP from the dealer's finance office (from what I understand, rates might be negotiable).

I purchased a "0 deductible, Major Guard" GMPP for my AURA which provides, among other things, roadside emergency service, rental car coverage if a repair takes longer than a day and a few other things. I think it covers an awful lot. I'll probably opt for it on my Camaro and when it runs out on my AURA if I still have it, I'll renew the GMPP, as well.

Here are the two sites re; General Motors Protection Plans (accepted nation-wide at any GM dealer).

http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/ourproducts.html

https://www.gmppdirect.com/consumerd...webhome.action

My 1st suggestion would be to call "GMPP Direct" at 1-800-981-4677 (https://www.gmppdirect.com/consumerd...webhome.action) and see what they might be able to do for you (as your AURA is already out of the bumper to bumper - as far as the time limit)

There are several folks here who know one heck of a lot more than I do about this and hopefully they'll correct or elaborate any points I may have been incorrect or sparse on.
I should have the car monday night. So then i'll check into it. I figured if they'd be willing to do it, i'd have to take it in for inspection to make sure everythings alright. If you went by miles, it still would have bumper to bumper. lol

I drive 33.5 miles one way to work. I put about 18k on the cruze and i had it maybe 8-9 months. So i can't afford to have a car breaking down, get a rental or borrow a car and get it fixed. Although with such a low payment i probably could now...but thats besides the point.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyXE View Post
My 2008 XE did not have the remote start button on the FOB, but I was able to remote start the car by:

1. pushing the lock button on the FOB one time

2. then push the unlock button on the FOB two times

3. then push the lock button on the FOB one more time

Not sure why this worked as a remote start activation for the Aura. The salesman said some of these cars had remote start embedded in the computer but never got the remote start FOBs. Any way, the remote start worked for me using this method.
I doubt i would be so lucky, but i will definity try this! I wonder if you got a remote start key fob, if pressing the button on that would start it then. In your case anyways.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough
 
gpartrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N. VA
Posts: 545
 

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyXE View Post
My 2008 XE did not have the remote start button on the FOB, but I was able to remote start the car by:

1. pushing the lock button on the FOB one time

2. then push the unlock button on the FOB two times

3. then push the lock button on the FOB one more time

Not sure why this worked as a remote start activation for the Aura. The salesman said some of these cars had remote start embedded in the computer but never got the remote start FOBs. Any way, the remote start worked for me using this method.
You should make a new thread out this. I, for one, would be interested in knowing whether this works for anyone who doesn't have "obvious" remote start.
...
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

Question about the auto dimming mirror. I'm pretty certain the one i'm getting doesn't have this option.
Would i be good to just buy a auto dimming mirror from an Aura and plug it in and be fine? eBay has one for about 40-50 bucks.

I had one on my Cruze and it works SO much better than the old fashioned kind.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough
 
gpartrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: N. VA
Posts: 545
 

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

Good question. I'm really not that familiar with the AURA XE but my only question would be the OnStar and phone stuff. Some of the more knowledgeable guys will hopefully provide you with solid info.

BTW, congrats on your new AURA (I'm guessing you already have it sitting in your driveway?) Now let's see some pics!
...
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
sycam_steve
New Member
sycam_steve is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7

2008 AURA Green Line
Default Re: New Aura owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbaby902 View Post
Question about the auto dimming mirror. I'm pretty certain the one i'm getting doesn't have this option.
Would i be good to just buy a auto dimming mirror from an Aura and plug it in and be fine? eBay has one for about 40-50 bucks.

I had one on my Cruze and it works SO much better than the old fashioned kind.
I did this and worked out just fine on my 2008 Aura Hybrid. Had a manual mirror.
sycam_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #17
Beachbaby902
Advanced Member
Beachbaby902 is on a distinguished road
 
Beachbaby902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrisburg, Pennslyvania
Posts: 763

2007 AURA XE
1994 SL2
Default Re: New Aura owner

After posting this i googled a little bit and it appears people had to run power to the mirror for auto dimming. So its not plug in play. But i'm not 100% sure.

My fiancÚ has a 13' Impala LT and everything i read on his, its plug and play. So he ordered an auto dim mirror. Which we have the same mirrors currently, so when it arrives i'm going to try it and see.

Also the remote start doesn't work on my Aura. I tried it last night. Oh well.

Also i'll post pictures of it later! lol.
...
~My Running Saturns~
94' SL2 130,000 miles RIP (Tree hit it)
00' SW2 170,000 miles
00' SL2 280,000 miles
11' Cruze LTZ 54k totaled
07' Aura XE 25k
Beachbaby902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Aura owner. Low Saturn Aura General 1 11-19-2009 10:19 PM
New Aura Owner Gambler Introductions & Greetings 1 10-10-2009 07:26 PM
New Aura Owner netray Aura General 17 11-09-2007 02:52 PM
Impressions of a new Aura owner - former Mercedes owner ronjohn Aura General 16 03-01-2007 09:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.