SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue

Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
leppard
leppard is on a distinguished road

Default Wipers STOP Mid Windshield

My daughters 2009 Saturn Vue wipers are stopping mid swipe on the windshield when you turn them off. Is this the same problem that GM had on my truck with the circuit board for the wipers being bad?????????????
leppard is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Wipers STOP Mid Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppard View Post
My daughters 2009 Saturn Vue wipers are stopping mid swipe on the windshield when you turn them off. Is this the same problem that GM had on my truck with the circuit board for the wipers being bad?????????????
What year was truck - might be able to find SB to see if common to Vue.

Wiper motor park signal is sent by Body Control Module (BCM).

Here's extract with overview:

Wiper motor park operation is controlled by the BCM using an input from the park switch within the wiper motor assembly. The BCM supplies the park switch signal circuit 12 volts through a resistor then monitors the circuit. Whenever the wiper motor is out of the park position the park switch signal circuit is closed to ground and nearly all the signal circuit voltage will be dropped across the BCM resistor. When the wiper switch is turned to the OFF position while the wiper motor is somewhere in midcycle, the BCM will continue to operate the motor until the wipers reach the park position. If the ignition is turned OFF while the wipers are in mid-cycle, the wipers will stop immediately where they are and the BCM will park the wipers the next time the ignition is cycled ON.

The service manual has a schematic and many steps for performing continuity testing for different failures. I'll email to you if its something you want to try. Send address by private message.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Mccurt
Mccurt is on a distinguished road

are the wipes like the 1s on an aura
Mccurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
H17bill
H17bill is on a distinguished road

Just had this happen to me. It turned out to be a loose nut on the arm from the gearbox to the linkage.

Cheers
Bill
H17bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
2008saturnvue
2008saturnvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
What year was truck - might be able to find SB to see if common to Vue.

Wiper motor park signal is sent by Body Control Module (BCM).

Here's extract with overview:

Wiper motor park operation is controlled by the BCM using an input from the park switch within the wiper motor assembly. The BCM supplies the park switch signal circuit 12 volts through a resistor then monitors the circuit. Whenever the wiper motor is out of the park position the park switch signal circuit is closed to ground and nearly all the signal circuit voltage will be dropped across the BCM resistor. When the wiper switch is turned to the OFF position while the wiper motor is somewhere in midcycle, the BCM will continue to operate the motor until the wipers reach the park position. If the ignition is turned OFF while the wipers are in mid-cycle, the wipers will stop immediately where they are and the BCM will park the wipers the next time the ignition is cycled ON.

The service manual has a schematic and many steps for performing continuity testing for different failures. I'll email to you if its something you want to try. Send address by private message.
Far2Grumpy,

Could you send me that service manual and schematics/failure test via private message?

I have 2008 Saturn Vue XE 2.4 L.
I have a Haynes manual and I see the wiper/washer diagram on it.

Basically my wiper doesn't park. It sweeps between 10 and 2 o'clock but parks at 12 o'clock.

I disconnected the wiper motor and checked the BLK/YEL wires with the car off and at the bad (12 o'clock) park position and I get 11.26 V. That seems high to me given that in park it should be connected to ground. I would low voltage.

Would to troubleshoot electrical connections before removing the linkage assembly and motor.

I read that another GM model had an issue with the circuit board (pulse module) and motor replacement wasn't the only culprit.

Thank you for any help.
2008saturnvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
bz1lvn
bz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura aboutbz1lvn has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone ever get the service manual steps to help diagnose this issue? I'd love a copy if possible. Thanks
bz1lvn is offline   Reply With Quote