SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
C in SD
C in SD is on a distinguished road

Default Update ...on my 2002 car...

Hi guys....I was the one who had my engine die on my 2002 car. (please see NEED ADVISE)...I could not reply to my original post since I was MIA for awhile...

Well here is an update:

After a year of dealing with this (contacting BBB, Saturn Corporation) the manager of one of the Saturn Dealership contacted us. He said this case did not leave him with a good taste in his mouth. He recongnized that one of his mechanics must have done something wrong because it had showed I had gone to have the light checked on and shortly after that the car konked out. We met with him and told him it was water under the bridge. He offered to buy our non-running car back and made a great offer on a new Ion 2 (oh please tell me if this a good car..lie to me if you have to)...Anyway, he stepped up to the plate. He was truly sorry for all that I went through. I am so happy and truly grateful to have a car that runs after one year.

I wanted to thank everyone who gave me good advice and one good thing about this whole mess was that I found out about this place...I will be back to read the great advise....and ask if I have any questions about my new Ion (storm gray which I love).

Thanks....

C in SD
C in SD is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
briansnoopy
briansnoopy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 SC2
Default Re: Update ...on my 2002 car...

You should totally give public props by naming the dealership that finally gave you the honest Saturnish service you deserve. Much of what gets posted is problems, but some sunshine would be nice. Plus, there are some Satty dealers acting too old-skool-GMish out there, and the good ones deserve to get some good plugs. If there were an outstanding dealer in my area, I'd probably bypass my nearest one to go to it. My nearest has a service department that makes you grind your teeth, but I appreciated my salesman.
2015 Honda Civic Si
2006 Ion3 2.4 Coupe 5-sp "Orion"
2001 SC2 "Sharky"
1997 SC2
briansnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
C in SD
C in SD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnoopy
My nearest has a service department that makes you grind your teeth, but I appreciated my salesman.

Yeah, I hear ya...my salesman unfortunately left the old place ..I say old cause I never will go there again...Its Saturn of 78 in Oceanside Ca

The Saturn of Escondido also California...was the one that finally stood up to the problem...the funny part is that they are all owed by the same guy...but the service at 78 is horrible...
C in SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
Lafarga
Lafarga is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 ION-3 Sedan

Ions are alright cars. The 03 & 04 models had some problems, but that can be expected when any new model is released.
Don't do what you can't undo until you've considered what it is you can't do once you've done it.
Lafarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to allSky Pilot is a name known to all

2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 SKY Red Line

I thought that all of the Saturn dealers in the greater Sandy Eggo area, including Escondido, were part of the SaturnSix consortium?
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote