saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
mdcitrus
mdcitrus is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan
Default non stop hazzard lights

My husband has an Ion 3, 2003. We purchased it in June and he has already put over 30K on it... 240 round trip commute. This morning he called me and said he had put his hazzard lights on when he pulled over to look for his gloves. We live in MD and its about 20 or so this morning with snow expected. Now his hazzards will not turn off (to quote "now I am one of those idiots driving with my hazzards on...")

We did recieve the recall for the turn signals but as the car is abused every day including some sundays too we haven't had the opportunity to bring it in. Anyone else have this problem... I suggested to him to pull the hazzard fuse out from the fuse box ( I am assuming it has one, this is our first saturn) but I don't know if that will also disable the turn signals...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ion3sm.jpg (9.5 KB, 83 views)
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: non stop hazzard lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcitrus
My husband has an Ion 3, 2003. We purchased it in June and he has already put over 30K on it... 240 round trip commute. This morning he called me and said he had put his hazzard lights on when he pulled over to look for his gloves. We live in MD and its about 20 or so this morning with snow expected. Now his hazzards will not turn off (to quote "now I am one of those idiots driving with my hazzards on...")

We did recieve the recall for the turn signals but as the car is abused every day including some sundays too we haven't had the opportunity to bring it in. Anyone else have this problem... I suggested to him to pull the hazzard fuse out from the fuse box ( I am assuming it has one, this is our first saturn) but I don't know if that will also disable the turn signals...
Hmm, this could be a BCM (body control module) issue. The ION doesn't have a traditional flasher - the lights are computer controlled. The ION is a bit different than a lot of cars on the road today in that virtually everything runs through one of several computers, that are all linked together. The L series and VUE are the same way, to a lesser extent, though. At any rate... pull the battery cable for 30 mins and see if that helps. if not, get an appointment at your local retailer and good luck.

Oh, and for the record... driving the car isn't abusing it... run the wheels off of the beast - it's a Saturn, the more you drive it, the better it gets

~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
Old 01-25-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
joecool234
joecool234 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

I am one of the lucky few (or maybe more than a few ) that actually had BOTH front turn signals go out. According to my service guy (GO TO GLEN BURNIE!!!) this was indeed what the recall attempted to address. However, your issue is completely different from the recall, at least in my opinion. I was still able to use the hazards and have my rear signals blink...just not the front ones. This may sound silly, but is the hazard button still pressed in? It is just spring loaded switch and, like all mechanical components, can break.

As a MD driver who can't stand other MD drivers that always appear to be in their own little world, I emplore you to take this in ASAP. Unless you want to always drive in the right lane at a slower speed, your hazards constantly going can be a serious distraction to other drivers. Saturn of Glen Burnie is awesome at catering to the customer. They fixed my recall issues same day.

P.S. Have you tried disconnecting the battery? If you can't make it to the service department soon, try this as it would force a reboot of the computer.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
bobwill
bobwill is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

We need to start a Maryland, Northern Virginia, DC Saturn club.
Bob
Old 01-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
joecool234
joecool234 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwill
We need to start a Maryland, Northern Virginia, DC Saturn club.
Yeah, and maybe a carpool to/from service departments. So far I had to bring my car in 3 times for service (1. bushings 2. passlock sensor 3. drl's, reverse lights, bushings...again). I've owned my 2004 for 9 months.
Closed Thread