saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay General

Old 09-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
seankiely
seankiely is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2007 RELAY-2
Default What would you do?

I have bought our last 3 Saturn's from my uncle in Edmonton. Sadly the 2 local Saturn shops in Winnipeg are owned by one company. They have me by the short hairs and I am unsure what to do with it. Not a position I am used to being in - there always is competition right?

I was going to run down all the issues here, but I just don't have the time to type it all out - suffice to say, I am not happy and do not want to deal with these guys anymore - I let them know it in the last GM report card (the one GM gets and these dealers covet) I was sent and now they are treating me like garbage - as they know I cant go anywhere...seems I cant get my warranty work done anywhere else then a Saturn dealer.....they are it in my area, tonnes of other GM but I cant use them for anything other then oil changes....

The most recent thing is they suddenly lost the approval from GM to fix a dent in my door (service mgr quit - 3rd one in 3 years) dent was GM approved as it happened when I had to SLAM the door closed that wouldn't stay closed - confused?? So now they have to get new approval....if they had it to begin with, what?

Anyhow, I need help - I am not against making the right calls or letters - but I need this resolved. We have two new Saturn vehicles and I cant be kept on a companies leash.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
Sean
2008 - Saturn Astra XR
2007 - Saturn Relay
R.I.P - 2005 - Saturn Relay (It died a brutal death)
seankiely is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Daveak
Daveak is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2006 RELAY-3
Default Re: What would you do?

Use the phone. I had a problem getting my 2006 Relay fixed (4 times to the same dealer - only one dealer in my area) and one call to GM fixed the problem. I don't remember the number I looked up and used, but if you have OnStar you can always push the blue button and complain - they will even hook you up with a live Saturn Tech and they will know exactly which vehicle you have. I have not thoroughly enjoyed Saturn service either, it is as though they became just another GM dealer in the last couple of years....
Daveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
seankiely
seankiely is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2007 RELAY-2
Default Re: What would you do?

Well - follow up - apparently they read this forum (as I suspected they might) - I recieved the best service I have ever had the other day when I brought it in. In addition yesterday I received a coupon for two free oil changes and one $50.00 voucher towards service work.

color me suprised.

Sean
2008 - Saturn Astra XR
2007 - Saturn Relay
R.I.P - 2005 - Saturn Relay (It died a brutal death)
seankiely is offline   Reply With Quote