saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 04-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
DJsailor
DJsailor is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Keyless entry works intermittently

The keyless entry on my 2003 L200 is working only intermittently. Trying to resync (holding the lock and unlock buttons for 7 seconds) does not do anything. If I try to use the lock or unlock function later, it works without doing anything. I unlock and lock about 2-3 times and then it stops working. Both key fobs have the same problem. Iíve changed both batteries and checked the voltage before installing a new battery into the fob.

Any ideas??

DJ
DJsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Keyless entry works intermittently

Any other issues? Locks working without input? Funny odometer readings? Lights acting crazy? If so it's your BCM. Even if you don't, it could be your BCM or bad remotes. 2 bad remotes, not likely. One bad BCM, very likely.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
DJsailor
DJsailor is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
One bad BCM, very likely.
Uzzy, Thanks for the info. I googled BCM and found all too much information about bad BCMs. I'm guessing a BCM also since both fobs won't work. No other symptoms yet but I don't want to find out the hard way.

It is a pitty that GM started Saturn with the goal of improving the quality reputation of its cars. After having an AC evaporator go ($900 only because the estimate did not have labor included), Heater core ($500 when it only needed two 50 cent o-rings), Steering Rack ($1400 estimate but I found that stop leak fixed the problem enough so I don't add anymore fluid and did not have that replaced) and now the BCM. I think it is time to start looking at a Honda or maybe Toyota.

I really would like to buy American but I don't have the cash to spend on things that don't last or work right. I am very disappointed in Saturn and GM. They will go the way of the Dodo bird all too soon.
DJsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

The L-series were real turds of cars. GM doesn't really have anyhting that bad left in it's stable. The S-seires that came before it were quite stellar in their quality, but the L-series that followed were not. The Aura seems to be a much better car so far and the malibu is at least as good as the Aura. They are definately getting better. For a long time GM has had good products with some stinkers in there, but they're really clearing out the stinkers in the last while.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
s3nfo
s3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Unfortunately, at least in my case, my "let's give GM a chance" car ended up being one of those stinkers after a long succession of Toyota's, Mazda's and Honda's that just worked and worked. Leaves a bad taste that's gonna take a while to go away.
Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3nfo View Post
Unfortunately, at least in my case, my "let's give GM a chance" car ended up being one of those stinkers after a long succession of Toyota's, Mazda's and Honda's that just worked and worked. Leaves a bad taste that's gonna take a while to go away.
Aw jeez, you bought a 3.0L too. At least DJsailor has 2 2.2L cars.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
lc23112
lc23112 is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

In defense of Saturn (there are always duds in any line), I have a 2000 LW2 3.0L and until it hit 100,000 miles, nothing major.

Most repairs were related to general maintenance and even though we had to replace the MAF sensor almost 4 years ago; our Saturn dealer cut us a deal on it. In all fairness, it has been and is still being driven hard. We drove it across country from Northern California to Richmond Virginia. For having almost 120,000 miles on it, I think the following repairs have been fair:

MAF sensor
CPS
Pulley/tensioner
My key fobs work intermittenly

We did have the A/C go out on us last summer. We still don't know whether it is electrical or the compressor, but hopefully soon. A/C issues rarely come first, although, I am hoping to get it fixed soon.

Recent issue just found out today, O2 sensor. I still think this isn't too bad.
lc23112 is offline   Reply With Quote