SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

View Poll Results: Is it worth my time and money?
Buy it & Hope the codes are from voltage/brakes 0 0%
Keep Researching & Get 2cd Opinion from another Mechanic 2 66.67%
Forget about it 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
MyOwnQueen19
MyOwnQueen19 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Dizzy 03' Vue AWD 2.2L Buy it or forget about it?! Please help me decide

Okay so I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this Saturn. I've owned a Saturn before and loved it. But, I'm on the fence with this one only because of the research I've done. So, please read and give me your thoughts on what I should do. Here's my situation.

It's a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD 2.2L 4 cylinder
Original Automatic Transmission & Original Engine
Mileage is only 79,874 and only 2 previous owners
Been sitting for 6 months to a year.
Only parked due to blown brake line.

Alright so I went to look at it and the battery was dead due to not being started periodically. So, after charging the battery for about 10 minutes it started right up and everytime afterwards. Noticed that the check engine light and service engine soon light were both on. Owner claims those lights were not on when he parked the vehicle. When I put the code scanner on it, it gave me 3 codes. Which are as follows. And, I know what each code is and what they mean and their possible causes. Trust me I've been doing my research on this vehicle and these codes for like 2-3 days. Lol. Here's the codes:

1)Po606-PCM Failing

2)Po700-PCM detects a malfunction in the TCM and/or PCM is detecting a code from the TCM

3)U2105-Loss of communications with the ECM

Before I continue I do want to mention that due to the blown brake line the brakes are locked up currently. And, like most other Vue's the rear driver side area where the subframe connects to the main frame or where the trailing arm bolts to the frame is rusted out. But, that's an easy fix for me because I have a friend who can weld it. And, it's the only section that needs fixed/welded. But, here's my concerns with the codes. Is it possible they popped up due to the battery going dead and the PCM/ECM/TCM losing voltage plus the brakes being locked up and trying to be moved/drove. Therefore, causing these control modules to think that there are malfunctions? Honestly, I'm working with a budget. He's only asking $500 for the Vue. He couldn't find someone to fix it the day after he blew the brake line so he just parked it and bought a new car. I reckon he's a little impatient and has it like that. Lol. Not downing him in anyway. I'm just trying to give all the facts on my situation. Please help me with this decision. I'm open to any and all questions, suggestions, ideas, and etc. Also, please no negative comments or put downs. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.
MyOwnQueen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 03' Vue AWD 2.2L Buy it or forget about it?! Please help me decide

Do your home work. Seriously. Ask if this automatic xmission is the VT25-E. If the owner claims ignorance, examine the labeling on the driver's door for markings of VT25-E or the owner's manual (unless it was thrown away to hide factual info). Saturns having the first continuously variable xmissions were failures with many owners taking a loss on their investment. This cvt has no gears as in conventional automatics but uses a segmented steel toothed drive belt between two hydraulically controlled variable pulleys to vary output to the drive wheels Unfortunately, this cvt was poorly made and failed on virtually every Vue. These Vues with the VT25-E xmissions were only installed for a two year run before GM recalled them with very little satisfaction on repairs an extended warranties as they continued to fail after repairs. These Vues were all money losses. Only a handful converted them to manuals.

Search within these Vue forums for more info. It's been covered at length.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L

03 Vue: Mine is a CVT to manual conversion. I've owned it for four years. If you want a reliable Vue, consider this:

replace all four brake hoses, posibly calipers and pads,
consider replacing two front wheel bearings,
inspect front engine cradle for rust.
inspect cradle mounts for rust
engine needs upgrade timing chain, guides, oiler, and tensioner
consider replacing water pump while your doing timing chain

If you are interested in a Vue, I may be selling mine. send me a pm or an e-mail
waiter@iflyez.com I'll send you my maintenance records. (I'm in NW Ohio)
2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
bern
Advanced Member
bern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of light

2006 VUE 3.5L
2006 ION-2 Sedan

run away from this one
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

I think you should buy it. Have fun. Itís only money. How much is he asking?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnQueen19 View Post
It's a 2003 Saturn Vue AWD 2.2L 4 cylinder
Original Automatic Transmission & Original Engine
Mileage is only 79,874 and only 2 previous owners
Been sitting for 6 months to a year.
Only parked due to blown brake line.
That's a $200 parts car. Nobody parks a good running low mileage car for just a brake line. Chances are the transmission is shot. Why waste your time on this when good running Vues can be had for $1,000.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:42 PM   #7
JefferyC
JefferyC is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Offer him $100.
JefferyC is offline   Reply With Quote