SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
Lombardi
Lombardi is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default 02 Saturn SC2 intake manifold

Hi guys, new to the forum here. I've been searching around trying to find someone with a similar problem but I have yet to find one. So here is my problem and question.

Just recently my car started to idle really high around 3k rpm. It only happens though when I start driving the car, by the time I hit 3rd gear and push the clutch in to shift to 4th, the rpm shoots up to 3k. If I come to a stop and let the car idle, it'll stay at 3k for a short while then slowly come back down. If I stop the car, shut if off, then turn it back on quickly it stays. So I know it wasn't the TPS.

Next I decided to make my own smoke machine and look for vacuum leaks. I found a leak at the throttle body base, and as well as a leak by cylinder 4 by the intake manifold. Now I wasn't able to get a new gasket for the TB today but will have one tomorrow. I took apart the TB to see how bad it was and it doesn't bad at all. I'm still going to replace it because it's only 5 dollars. As for the manifold leak. I've been reading around here that if the gasket is leaking on the DOHC saturns, I should also be leaking coolant. I'm not leaking any coolant. Is this normal for my Saturn? I want to fix the damn already so I can sell it for a better car lol.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated!
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: 02 Saturn SC2 intake manifold

"If I stop the car, shut if off, then turn it back on quickly it stays. So I know it wasn't the TPS."

Stays? Stays low idle, or stays High idle?
If it stays low, then it IS the TPS, if it stays or resumes HIGH, then vacuum leak is suspected.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote