SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods

Old 06-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
ryanguy426
ryanguy426 is on a distinguished road

Default Coupe front end + popup headlights swap to SW?

I'll be in the market for a 5 speed wagon soon. Was curious if this has been done or if there's any info before I jump into it after purchase.

I'm looking at buying a 2nd wagon. I had the idea that popup headlights would look cool on it and would be a good combination with the 5 speed (for me, at least). I know the firewall and forward is essentially the same from 1991-2002, excluding body lines, so in theory I should be able to just take the whole front clip from an SC2 with popups, and bolt it all in, correct? I'm sure there'll be wiring differences I'll need to work out.
1998 White SW1 Auto
ryanguy426 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
Chub
Chub is just really niceChub is just really niceChub is just really niceChub is just really nice

1995 SC2
Default Re: Coupe front end + popup headlights swap to SW?

The body is not the same for all years / styles. The front end of an SC2 with popup headlights can be made to fit but it is not a simple swap. I don't really have much info on it anymore but there was somebody on Sixthsphere that had done it previously and it did come out looking good. If you do decide to go this route just know that you will have to do a fair amount of fabrication to make it all fit.
1995 SC2: Back on the road again after my second engine rebuild in two years.
Chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Coupe front end + popup headlights swap to SW?

It's close to bolt-in on 1st gen (don't forget the hood), but the pop-ups don't come close to matching anything on 2nd gen. 2nd and 3rd gen's are all stupid bubbly while 1st gen has nice crisp lines

A coupe front end has been swapped to the 4dr for 2nd gen, but to make it look right he had to cut both styles of fenders in half and use the coupe front half glued to the 4dr rear half. Then it took a ton of bondo to remake the body line that goes down the middle of the fender.
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote