Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default VUE Tire Recommendations

Hello all. My mom's VUE is about due for a new pair of shoes. It's still got the craptastic factory Bridgestone Duellers on it and she's not getting another set of those.

2.2L
Steelies w/wheel covers

She doesn't need anything special, just a good all-around tire. Good traction, good tread life.

What have you all liked, or dis-liked?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
bafilio1
bafilio1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: VUE Tire Recommendations

yes bridgstones suck... lol I had two different types of bridgestons on the vue and can't get it to grip at all! I'm not sure if these will be in your tire size but here are two tires that did wonderful for me.

Previous tires - Michellin Pilot - Primacy. Did wonderful in the summer time but not to great during snow and rain
Current and overall best is my Goodyear Eagel RS-A's but they did cost me 1827.65 for four tires.. but that is at 255/45/19s
--03 Vue base mdl--Mods: Tinted tails, tinted ambers, Custom CAI, Flowmaster, chipped ECU
--01 Grand Am GT1-- Tinted tails, projector headlights, swapped/built 3600
bafilio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Kumho something or other - can't remember model - everybody seems to like them.
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Kumho Solus KR21's. I've got close to 20K on mine so far. They ride well and were about $300 less than comparable Michelins.
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

I have the Yokohama Geolander H/T-S. They are OK. They rarely see any snow duty (have Michelin X-Ice tires for that), so pretty much any tire can drive around on mostly dry roads just fine. Wet traction is OK. Accelerating they tend to break loose easily when wet, but I've never had any issues when braking in the wet with them. When they wear out (long time from now), they will not be replaced with the same.
Not a Saturn.
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

I had Michelin LX4's for about 45,000 miles and the wear bars started and it's winter so I decided to change them. They looked OK but when my mechanic had them up on a lift he showed me. Michelins are just way to expensive now (They were $109 each when I got them and now over $180). I just replaced mine with Dunlop Signature tires for $109 each. So far have been a great tire and done well in the rain (No snow yet). I was also looking at the Copper CS4 but I liked the tread design on the Dunlops and they were about $20 each cheaper.
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
stbvue
stbvue is a jewel in the roughstbvue is a jewel in the roughstbvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksLS1 View Post
I had Michelin LX4's for about 45,000 miles and the wear bars started and it's winter so I decided to change them. They looked OK but when my mechanic had them up on a lift he showed me. Michelins are just way to expensive now (They were $109 each when I got them and now over $180). I just replaced mine with Dunlop Signature tires for $109 each. So far have been a great tire and done well in the rain (No snow yet). I was also looking at the Copper CS4 but I liked the tread design on the Dunlops and they were about $20 each cheaper.
I kind of liked the bridgestone duelers but with only 33,000 miles on them mine started to show the bars on them to. So i ended up with BF's long trails. They ok in the weather but they dont ride as nice. They were also $180 a piece. But your gonna pay for tires if u want a good one.
stbvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L

My Duelers only lasted 30K miles. I replaced them with Michelin LX4s. I have 54K on them now. I will probably replace them this summer. I should have a total of 60K miles from them.

Bottom line, most any tire other is better than a Dueler.

BTW, I just put Goodyear Assurance tires on my wife's Volvo. They were 3/4 the price of Michelins, but have almost the same ratings. They ride really nice.
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbvue View Post
I kind of liked the bridgestone duelers but with only 33,000 miles on them mine started to show the bars on them to. So i ended up with BF's long trails. They ok in the weather but they dont ride as nice. They were also $180 a piece. But your gonna pay for tires if u want a good one.
The Dunlops so far have been just as good as the Michelin's I had before. Prices vary on where you buy tires and just because you spend more dosen't necessarily mean your getting a better tire. Other than the ratings on a tire or reviews from people (Reviews from indiviuals are opinions) it's hard to compare. Is a $109 Dunlop worse than a $129 Copper or a $180 Michelin? If the Michelin is better , how much better? Even within the same name tire in a brand they can have different ratings (Such as speed or treadwear).

My LX4's looked OK until they were on a lift and could see the bars starting to show. A tire with tread is better than one with less.
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nice

2005 VUE 2.2L

I have the Pro Comp All Terrains. I'm a big fan of they way I have taken my VUE slightly off road, just a little mud, and some debris, by no means anything serious, but they handles rather well. They are 50k rated, I have about 25k on them and they are showing wear. I don't think I'd buy them again, simply because they are too noisy on the highway at 45mph+. I got them in 225/70R16s. Next time I'll go with a 235/70R16.
Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalFocus View Post
I have the Pro Comp All Terrains. I'm a big fan of they way I have taken my VUE slightly off road, just a little mud, and some debris, by no means anything serious, but they handles rather well. They are 50k rated, I have about 25k on them and they are showing wear. I don't think I'd buy them again, simply because they are too noisy on the highway at 45mph+. I got them in 225/70R16s. Next time I'll go with a 235/70R16.
I love the look of a good all-terrain tire like the Pro-Comps or the BFG All-Terrains, but I don't know if my VUE can really pull them off. #1- my VUE rarely sees anything but pavement and #2- my VUE is the one-wheel-drive 4 cylinder 5 speed version. I've been eyeing up some all-terrain tires that aren't too aggressive for when my Yokos wear out- which will probably be never with the way they are wearing.
Not a Saturn.
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
scott2683
scott2683 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I put a set of cooper CS4's on mine in the fall, so far I have no complaints about the tires at all. They grip the road well and ride quiet. They only cost me $525 for the set!
scott2683 is offline   Reply With Quote