Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 04:26 PM   #1
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2
Default Wolf, shame on you !!!!

During this past year, Wolf has volunteered his time and efforts to respond to any, if not all, of the inquiries, from the likes of me.....My admitted limited, if any, knowledge regards working on cars. In this case Saturns. I will grant you all, that Wolf has been very quick and thorough in all of his responses. He has even tried to present a picture of one who is patient with some of the follow-up challenges to his suggestions. The hours he as devoted, to we "less than informed" weekend mechanics, and follow-ups to our confusion to the most simple task, has been considerable ....to say the least.

If he was the true, acceptional, willing to spend his time and efforts on our inquiries person, where was he when I was having substantial difficulty in working on my VW.....in 1970 ???? Where was he in 1974, when I having an equally challenging time adding an oil cooler to my wife's 1969 Volvo.....?????? Where was Wolf when I was attempting to add an Oil Inverter onto my Isuzu Trooper in 1977...???? He was sitting back at his home offering NO HELP......enjoying his own life...

Ok, Ok, Ok, you may come back and say to me: " Luke, how was he to know you were working on any of those cars, back then, if he didn't even know you existed....that the WEB didn't even exist........that this site didn't exist...??

The secret is my response which is what I've learned about his fraud...... He could have "telepathically" communicated with each of us, yes back then. I've sensed that he's been successful in everything else he's done. Why not communicating "Telepathically" ???? with us who needed his help.

With his current considerable knowledge and free distribution of it, that should not cloud the fact that we could have used his efforts..... years ago. Look at what we've gone without....the help we so desperately needed (we get it now from him), but didn't get back then.....Remember the headaches were went through ????

I've even thought of kidnaping him----but do you all realize what it costs getting him a room at the Ritz Carlton ??? Then you have to feed him. Filets cost a fortune.......Eggs Benedict ......Champagne with Strawberries.........Then after all the work we'd put him through, he'd have to be driven back to the Ritz ----------Limos are just too much.

Cloning is my alternative ........then we'd all benefit.......and forever..

Wolf, Sir, the year must not close without a real comment of appreciation over just what you and your likes ( Sattech, Ssicarman, Sam, David, Adam Chant, Gerry Proctor, Dr. Bob, Newt, EwitV, and others ) have done to make our efforts so much more successful, and with the minimum of frustration. We've learned so much, and that, I guess, is what it is all about.

Words can be so cheap, for in there frequent use, they are diluted. But in this case, they carry substantial value. THANK YOU for always being there when we've turned to this very professional site for guidance. You, and your other "team" members have made a difference. We are thankful of this site's existence, and your membership.

May the closing of this year, bring you and your family the Best of New Year.
> 95 SL 2 = 653,369 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 5/20/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable < The car was retired
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Actually in the late 70's I was still in High School...I had my own share of automotive adventures (breaking things, paying too much for repairs etc...) Hence the primary reason I learned to fix cars/motorcycles myself through trial and error at first and then through more "technical" education and of course practice practice practice. (Having an older brother who is also ASE certified did help a little) One of the reasons I enjoy helping all you folks out so much is that I can still remember the days when I wished I had a source for accurate help literally at my fingertips. Thank God Al Gore invented the internet (LOL) Anyhow, the praise and thanks as always are appreciated, and I must likewise again sing the praises of the likes of Sattech and Ssicarman who essentially do here for free what they get paid to do full time. As the Saturn "S" series slowly fades into history, I can see a day where the questions here will be answerable only by those who still turn the wrenches in the plastic garages...it is they whom I admire, as the future of this and many similiar boards will depend on their continued participation. Many Many Happy New Year(s) to them and all of you!
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 12-31-2002, 10:48 PM   #3
auxmike
auxmike is on a distinguished road

Thanks Wolfman.I'm new here,but I'm already checking the real estate ads for Nashville!
I was in Nashville 2 years ago for the Dove Awards at the Opry House.Nice place!
You treat even the newbies off the street in a manner that few on these forums do.
Have fun in Nashville,and if you see Amy Grant,tell her I said hi.
DOH!You're NOT in Nashville!Oh well,I've still got lots to learn here....:o:
Old 12-31-2002, 11:01 PM   #4
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, the Sheratin Crown Plaza, Nashville referance is kinda a "secret cryptic message" LOL (Where many TECHS stay while attending factory training at Spring Hill) Others less fortunate (LOL) stay at other places such as the "Maxwell House"
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 01-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #5
mod96sl2
mod96sl2 is on a distinguished road

Yes thank you very much Wolf. Although i am just a little junior member here i am a manager of a repair facility in NEPA. You helped me with my little problem after i had done everything i knew how to do, you gave me a new insite on the poblem and yes i did fix the problem with your advice. This is my first venture as a manager in a regular garage, i have been in the aftermarket part of the business for a great number of years so i will be asking you for some advice in the future, so thanks in advance for all the great advice.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:08 AM   #6
Bouncewitme
Bouncewitme is on a distinguished road

Default Whats wrong with the Maxwell House?

Hey wolf man....I stayed at the Maxwell House in 89 when I first came to Spring Hill...I liked it..It wasnt the Sheratin Crown Plaza though so I guess I was a little mis fortunate... I did stay at the Opryland Hotel though Very Sweet..
By the way, we all do really appreciate everything you have done on this forum..You've kept a lot of us from going nuts with these cars..Thanks
Old 01-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #7
1320Doc
1320Doc is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1999 SL2

Ok... I was also one of the less fortunate to stay at the "Maxwell House" back in Nov. of '93. It was fun at the time, right around the corner from Hooters. Way to cold for me though, snowed a little and an early morning temp. of around 25*F. California people prefer the 80*F temps much more.
Closed Thread