saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
ahmari35
ahmari35 is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2
Default From Manual windows and locks to Power everything

Hey, y'all....me again

So, I got the Saturn to start and now I'm having transmission problems but hopefully that'll be taken care of when I get it checked today.

Anyway, once the transmission is fixed, I wanted to do a conversion from manual windows and locks to power everything. My car was broken into the day after we changed the head gasket because my 7 year old didn't lock his door (but I didn't check it either so I can't be too mad at him) and just to make my life easier, I want to be able to lock everything in one swoop. So, my question is how do I do it, where do I get the parts from and about how much is it gonna cost (generally speaking) for my boyfriend to do it.

Thanks in advance!
ahmari35 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
NVMY03GT
NVMY03GT is on a distinguished road

Default Re: From Manual windows and locks to Power everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmari35 View Post
Hey, y'all....me again

So, I got the Saturn to start and now I'm having transmission problems but hopefully that'll be taken care of when I get it checked today.

Anyway, once the transmission is fixed, I wanted to do a conversion from manual windows and locks to power everything. My car was broken into the day after we changed the head gasket because my 7 year old didn't lock his door (but I didn't check it either so I can't be too mad at him) and just to make my life easier, I want to be able to lock everything in one swoop. So, my question is how do I do it, where do I get the parts from and about how much is it gonna cost (generally speaking) for my boyfriend to do it.

Thanks in advance!
Your going to get a lot of different opinions on this - but I'm looking to do the same thing. Im going to put actuators in the door. I've found them pretty cheap but I need to figure out how to install them. Im working on engine stuff first though.

As for the Windows. No offense but don't waste your time. Unless you goto a salvage yard and end up just buying new doors with the wiring already in them. To my understanding its a ***** to do the Windows part of it. Locks are 90x easier.
Be nice to me - Im still Learning

2003 Saturn Ion 3
NVMY03GT is offline   Reply With Quote