SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 AM   #1
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC
Default Can't see the Photo Gallery

Is it just me? I can't see mine nor anyone's photo gallery.
Or is it really gone?
1992 SC - TwinCam (Automagic)
Bought it brand new, and still loving it today.
StarLady is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Can't see the Photo Gallery

All photos from members personal gallery are gone. Charlie, the admin, switched over to a new server due to failures with the old one, losing everyone's photo albums. Mine's gone too. He commented about this in a reply when asked.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
Zeebins
Zeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud of

1997 SL2
Checkered Flag Re: Can't see the Photo Gallery

Glad I never used mine much, but the photo galleries where publicly viewable. You didn’t need an account to see them so a lot of them would end up in google image search results. There have definitely been a few pics that be was trying to find and couldn’t, probably because it used to be in the gallery. Kinda sucks loosing all that.
97 SL2, auto, 123K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:16 PM   #4
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to all

1997 SW2

Maybe one can simply create a thread called (for example) 'Dummo's photo gallery' and anyone looking for a member's photo gallery can merely search it.
• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:44 AM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Re: Can't see the Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLady View Post
Is it just me? I can't see mine nor anyone's photo gallery.
Or is it really gone?
Hi,
I miss the photo section too. Unfortunately, it stopped working when I upgraded the server. I hope to bring it back, but the company whose software I was using is no longer around so that's made things difficult.

Charlie
2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:42 AM   #6
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC

Oh, no... The photo gallery was such a great resource, that complemented the posts.

Charlie: If the images are not actually lost, and just in limbo in some server or something like that... I hope you find a way to recover them.
I'll be rooting for ya!
Old 03-28-2021, 01:48 AM   #7
StarLady
Advanced Member

1992 SC

So, can someone educate me on how to include images in a post now?
Old 03-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Post Re: Can't see the Photo Gallery

I've added snapshots and images over the years in posts by using a relatively simple method of resizing attachments (paperclip symbol) and reformatting images to jpeg. Other image formats work but trial and error in resizing applies before being accepted as thumbnails. As everyone knows or finds out, image file size is restricted to 150k kilobytes. Virtually every cellphone and digital camera creates huge file sized images, catering to a past associated with film camera resolution. In effect, digital image files are several megabytes, too large to attach as thumbnails. I use Windows Paint to resize large files to around a megabytes or so and in jpeg format for acceptance here for thumbnails. The preview tab before submitting a reply allows viewing the thumbnail attachment then clicking on the thumbnail to view a full screen image of it. Any details or editing can be done and resubmitted and reviewed before final submission. Most resized images are perfectly fine for show and tell without needing to display the finest details of a hidden nuclear factory processing the latest weapons. Wrinkles on Sports Illustrated swimsuit models or the worst rust formations on brakes are clearly viewed with resized images using any image program. Details aren't lost for everyday viewing. No one really needs high resolution images when viewing on tiny cellphone screens or tablets. Even laptop and full size displays show details of resized images. The ones needing high res images are Mars snapshots viewing local geological formations. For practical everyday images, most snapshots can be resized without losing details but will be acceptable as thumbnails. On average, I can find an image, copy it, resize it then attach it as a thumbnail in a few minutes or less if the original image is unacceptable due to being a large file size.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:30 AM   #9
Zeebins
Zeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud of

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLady View Post
So, can someone educate me on how to include images in a post now?
When you're on the page to make a new reply, clicking the paperclip icon above the reply box will bring up the attachments window. While fdryer is right that the forum doesn't like image file sizes too big, I've found that it's actually able to convert certain images that are too big to a smaller size, but not all. The thing the forum is more picky about is resolution. An attachment usually needs to have a vertical width of more than 1280 pixels.

It's actually super easy to upload images with an iPhone on iOS 13 or higher. Just pick out the image you want to post but before confirming, tap the image size button at the bottom and choose "Large" from the options. This has never not worked for me.

Most people will probably be using the forums on a Windows computer. I made a tutorial on how to post images with that too.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...38&postcount=4
97 SL2, auto, 123K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #10
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

^ ^ ^
great write-up!

Some pics of what the icons look like
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...33&postcount=8
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote