SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
slowroller
slowroller is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2000 SL1
Dizzy replaced Valve body but now what could be wrong?

I replaced the valve body and now I do have some reverse but only at about 3 K and it sounds feels like a clutch is slipping or something. Firstly this is better than having no reverse as I was dealing with but what could be the problem now. Is this valve body bad? Could it just need some time to relearn reverse? Is the clutch done for and now needing to be replaced? Any ideas or insight would be very helpful as I need this car to be working well again very soon. Thanks again guys, Dave.
slowroller is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
97coupe
Master Member
97coupe is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Re: replaced Valve body but now what could be wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowroller
I replaced the valve body and now I do have some reverse but only at about 3 K and it sounds feels like a clutch is slipping or something. Firstly this is better than having no reverse as I was dealing with but what could be the problem now. Is this valve body bad? Could it just need some time to relearn reverse? Is the clutch done for and now needing to be replaced? Any ideas or insight would be very helpful as I need this car to be working well again very soon. Thanks again guys, Dave.

You have a big leak in the reverse pressure circuit. This is why it works some when you rev it up and then feels like it is slipping. THe leak is either in the valve body or the clutch pack itself and I tend to think it is the clutch pak here.
97coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
slowroller
slowroller is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2000 SL1
Default Re: replaced Valve body but now what could be wrong?

So Im wondering if the Input shaft nut is loose? Also now the reverse is gone again after driving the car for a couple of miles and again no 2nd gear. This is a different valve body, but could it be bad as well. I have valve body in hand now to possible rebuild but Im gonna go look for possible blown fuses, and maybe try swapping some of the actuators. I am just losing my mind trying to figue this out. I appreciate any ideas. Thanks again everyone, Dave.
slowroller is offline   Reply With Quote