SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 12-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #81
onlinebiker
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Satbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot 11 View Post
Well, it's kind of hard to beat the bikers story, but I've had fun in my Saturn. Last summer I was headed north on M52 out of Stockbridge, MI and passed a broken down Saturn. I turned around and stopped and the guy tole me hios buddy is on the way to tow him home. I continued about my business, and was on my way back, (hot day) and thought I should pick up a bottle of water. I dropped it off, and told him about our website. Last week I was in Fowlerville at the A & W for lunch and a gold SL2 pulled in. I told the owner about the ECTS, and the importance of a good thermostat. A few days before, I was in the Costco at Middlebelt and I96 in Livonia, MI getting fuel and a gold SL1 pulled up behind me. I told the lady about the website, and she told me this car had been her mothers. Now it's her daughters. Still chugging along. BTW, my SL1 started in -12F weather this morning. Turned over a little slowly, but it fired up.
I used to be part of the invading horde at the fairgrounds in Fowlerville - for the Easyriders Rodeo. Wild times. Been about 10 years since I last went to one.
Currently owned
93 SC2 M(anual)
96 SC2 M
98 SL2 A(uto)
99 SC2 A
01 SC2 A
01 SC2 M
02 SC2 M
02 SL2 A
02 SL2 M
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.
98 SL2
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #82
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles Pisano
I was so stunned at another SL that I failed to reciprocate.
This is my problem, slow "wave" reaction time. I have a hard time seeing into other car cabins, so by the time I realize that a person flashed their lights and is waving, I've driven by

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinebiker
A month later, she called.
One thing lead to another.
She' s been living here for 5 years.
That is the best story

And part of why my wife is a little skeptical about me going out to help - she's a little worried some young gal will be too appreciative of my assistance
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #83
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to all

1997 SW2

I finally got to talk to the guy I've been seeing on my commute for a long time.

Satbassador-John.jpg

Meet John, with his Gen 1 SC2. He said he's had it for a few years and had a 94 prior to that. I wore a facemask as we both happen to be pumping gas this morning. I approached him and had a brief conversation from 15 feet away where he agreed to the photo being placed on SaturnFans.com. Hope to see more of him after the pandemic panic is done and get to talk further.
1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #84
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummo View Post
I finally got to talk to the guy I've been seeing on my commute for a long time.

Attachment 62944

Meet John, with his Gen 1 SC2. He said he's had it for a few years and had a 94 prior to that. I wore a facemask as we both happen to be pumping gas this morning. I approached him and had a brief conversation from 15 feet away where he agreed to the photo being placed on SaturnFans.com. Hope to see more of him after the pandemic panic is done and get to talk further.
Well, he's at the right place to fill up. If there was a Saturnfans fuel station, it would probably rarely be busy!
Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #85
cgg17
Advanced Member
cgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nice

1995 SL2
1995 SW2

Very nice coupe, looks like leather seats too based off of the little shine from the inside.
1994 Sl2 5spd First Car, Stock: 56,576 (Totaled 1/10/2018)
1995 Sl2 5spd: Retired Daily, Not Stock: 192,000
1998 Sl2 5spd: Family Car, Stock :135,000
1995 SW2 4spd: Daily, Stock: 91,000
cgg17 is offline   Reply With Quote