SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 12-23-2021, 11:09 PM   #1
gnimelfnad
gnimelfnad is a jewel in the roughgnimelfnad is a jewel in the roughgnimelfnad is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL
Default 2nd gen e brake bracket

Hey all, im looking for the measurements of the rear disc brake brackets. I did the conversion but silly me didn't see that on rock auto they sold these calipers with no e brake bracket. If someone could maybe post measurements so I can have them fabbed? Or potentially sell me a pair
gnimelfnad is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
El_bell
El_bell is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default Re: 2nd gen e brake bracket

You are also going to need to find a suitable spring for holding the E-Brake cable tension. If you haven't already installed them , I would just return them and look at the product images for a rear caliper that does include the bracket. Way less hassle that way imo. Even if you did install them you may still be able to get away with returning them if you say they are "faulty" and just make up some reason why.
El_bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:58 AM   #3
gnimelfnad
gnimelfnad is a jewel in the roughgnimelfnad is a jewel in the roughgnimelfnad is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL

There is a spring on the caliper it seems like it has the complete assembly, just missing that little sheet of metal that holds the line in place at the caliper, Ill try to find a picture of the exact thing that I bought. Unfortunately there's no way to return them, the car is being used by a friend and there been well over a thousand miles on those calipers already the signs of wear are more than likely too much for a repackage.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:07 AM   #4
gnimelfnad

1997 SL

This is what I got sold, it looks like none of the listing on rock auto have the e brake mounting bracket actually?? The pictures I have posted aren't the same exact part but they are pretty much the same thing for the example, the picture labeled sl-300 is the part that I have, its got the spring, and the hold facing the picture is where the bracket would go to hold the line in place. The second picture is to illustrate that the hole is not the brake line fitting hole, just to clarify. I just thought maybe I can order the part and take the piece I need and return the rest if one comes with the bracket
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg $_12.jpeg (27.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s-l300.jpg (21.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

RA is staffed by morons who blame the customer for their failings.
"Oh, I'm sorry sir it looks like you ordered the wrong part"
"What? How could I order the wrong part? You only list ONE PART for my application!"
"Oh, that doesn't matter sir. Please include a 20% restocking fee on top of whatever return shipping costs you to get a refund"

Found a listing for each side that is pictured as coming with the bracket in question:
Right: https://www.ebay.com/itm/22455961092...AAAOSwPydZok6q
Left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/39346015013...sAAOSwG2dg-mpH
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:21 PM   #6
El_bell
El_bell is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Didn't realize at first what piece you where talking about. That bracket the cable slips through could probably be replicated fairly easily with a sturdy enough piece of steel. All it needs it a bend in the right spot, two holes and a bolt to hold it on to the caliper. Hopefully another member who has a rear caliper handy could get you measurements to replicate one yourself.

I would imagine the tension spring assembly would probably be harder replicate if you didn't already have those.
El_bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:19 PM   #7
gnimelfnad

1997 SL

Thanks for the listing fetchitfido, I messaged those guys to see if they'd sell just a set of the brackets potentially, a friend is driving it now and might just want to buy them. I was looking to fabricate them eventually, my brothers do metal working so I can pay for the stock and its done. But if someone on here has a set or measurements that'll make our lives easier, if not we can make some stuff and hopefully hit the right measurements.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #8
gnimelfnad

1997 SL

Was i unclear or something? Seems like whoever answered me is unwilling to even ask a superior about sending a piece off of a listing or doesn't understand what im asking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211229-134623_eBay.jpg (204.5 KB, 4 views)