SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General

Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
RedRockerL300
RedRockerL300 is on a distinguished road

Default Soon To Be Astra Owner

Hey Everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted, almost 3 years I think. The wife and I have been Saturn owners the whole time, no worries. In fact, she's on her 5th Saturn, a 2008 Outlook. Before that, 2 Vues, the L300 (which my handle comes from) and her first, a '94 SL2 which she bought brand new. So she's been with Saturn for a LOOOOONG time.

I'm getting an Astra, my first Saturn that I will actually own myself. My sister-in-law is a sales manager at a dealership in the area and is helping me out. Last weekend we went there for a couple things, 1 - for me to test drive the car and 2 - Easter egg hunt and Radio Disney appearance for my daughter.

My first impression was the room. For someone who is 6'3" like myself, there is more than enough room in it. I drove and auto and a manual and decided right away that I want a manual, although I knew going in that I wanted that anyway, I just wanted to drive the auto to check it out. The curiousty in me, ya know.

Well, she didn't have one that I wanted on the lot or in the back (5-door XR w/ manual trans) so we decided to wait a little and let her check around. Turns out there is one at another dealership that meets what I want, and it's salsa red, which is my first color choice.

Now all we have to do is let her get me the trade-in value on my truck and we'll go from there. Tossing over $65 a week for gas in to the thing is killing me. I love my truck, but I just need something with better gas mileage.

So, even though last weekend was for me to look at Astras, the wife drove off in a new Outlook. Is that messed up or what?

Keep your fingers crossed that that red one doesn't sell yet. I WANT IT!!!
RedRockerL300 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Nightwalker
Nightwalker is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Soon To Be Astra Owner

I feel your pain with hoping the car doesn't sell. I test drove one a week ago, and loved it. I've been waiting on my insurance to finish up some paperwork on my wrecked SC2 so I could buy it. It's been torture thinking that it may not be there!
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
adammsu
adammsu is on a distinguished road

You can always put down a deposit.... I don't even know why dealers take deposits, since most will refund it if you choose....
2008 Astra XR5 Twilight Blue
---I hate being a mod-inclined person w/o the money/time to do any of it---
adammsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
RedRockerL300

I'm hoping that it's still sitting in back stock and not even on the lot yet. Chances are pretty good that it is because my sister-in-law found it on her inventory site for employees only but a public inventory search from the dealer site didn't show they had one.

The truck is cleaned out and ready to go. There's a good chance I'll be getting it today after work. I might even leave early.

Hadn't thought about the deposit.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
RedRockerL300

Well, turns out that salsa red XR is still en route to the dealership. Bummer. That's ok though because I can still put my name on it so it's mine. I just have to wait for it to arrive. Another good thing is the in-laws are buying the truck back so that's less paperwork (I bought it from them 5 years ago). I'll be in an Ion until the Astra arrives. Fine by me.