SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
MBman
MBman is on a distinguished road

Default Seat Belt Question for 2000 SL2 Owners

This one has me baffled. I pulled out my passengers side seat belt today and noticed that the belt was damp and wet. We have had a lot of rain (due to Francis) but I cannot figure out where or how this area got wet, the carpets are dry.
Perhaps I am not looking in the right place for possible entry points? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Ron
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #2
DJMaverick
DJMaverick is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Do you have a sunroof? I know on my 97 SL2 the molding around the sunroof leaks a little when there is very heavy rain.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
M.Nguyen
M.Nguyen is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1993 SL2

remove the door sill...i think your answer will lie right about there...
Old 09-08-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
MBman

no sunroof, so what part of the doorseal top or bottom ?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

If you have a sunroof, make sure the drain tube is clean and connected. The one on my brothers 2001 SC2 was disconnected where it attaches to the sunroof.

At first they tried to say it was leaking from where we ran a powercable for an amp through a rubber grommet neat the master cylinder. Some how water could run down the firewall, below the drivers seat, over a hump in the floorboard and pool up under the rear seat without getting the firewall or carpet wet under the front seat. Hummmmm. So we took it home, sprayed water directly where they said it ws leaking. Nothing. No leaks. Let the water rain down onthe car and it started dripping down the "B" pillar and pooling up in the rear of the car. I took the car back to the dealer for him, explaind it was still leaking. They said it was because of the cable running through the firewall. They then called in the tech who previously worked on the car and the guy in charge. I let them explain how they knew for a fact that is were it was leaking from.

Then I took out the pictures showing where it was really leaking from. They were all speechless. We all then walked into the repair bay, he took off a couple trim panels, and what do you know, the drain hose had come off the neck on the sunroof.

It was something we obviously could of fixed. But we figured, why should we. They basically called us liars, se we had to proved them wrong, plus the car was still under warrenty. Still the look on their faces after I pulled out the pics was priceless. I wish I had the camera to take pictures of that..
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Old 09-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #6
MBman

I am still struggling with this problem, Ivan has decended and the belt is wet again. I cannot see anywhere water can get in or I am just missing it. What has to be removed to visualize the area where the belt rolls up
Closed Thread