SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
saturncobalt
saturncobalt is on a distinguished road

Default Remote Starter on saturns?

I have a 2000 Saturn LS2 V6 and I hooked up a compustar cm4200-dx remote starter. I hooked up the passlock bypass (xpresskit pljx) and programed it, the security light keeps coming on, and car will not start with remote starter or key. You have to wait ten minutes to start it with the key. Is there anything else you have to do to make a remote starter work on a saturn? Or will a remote starter even work on a Ls2 model. It has a factory keyless entry system/alarm.
Thanks in advance,
Saturncobalt
saturncobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Remote Starter on saturns?

Welcome to Saturnfans!

Ready?

Whatever you did you did wrong................... Any car can have remote start. I have an aftermarket remote start. Fortunately for me () I didn't have to install it. It was a Xmas gift to me a few years ago and its a nice add-on for winter, defrosting the windows so I don't have to stand outside waiting for the iced up windshield to melt before I drive into my neighbors car.

Go over the wiring instructions carefully and you'll find the mistake somewhere. All you did was interrupt the password signal that's bypassed with the bypass module, causing the 10-minute wait before Passlock resets.
VCX NANO

Last edited by fdryer; 12-29-2009 at 11:40 PM.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
saturncobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Welcome to Saturnfans!

Ready?

Whatever you did you did wrong................... Any car can have remote start. I have an aftermarket remote start. Fortunately for me () I didn't have to install it. It was a Xmas gift to me a few years ago and its a nice add-on for winter, defrosting the windows so I don't have to stand outside waiting for the iced up windshield to melt before I drive into my neighbors car.

Go over the wiring instructions carefully and you'll find the mistake somewhere. All you did was interrupt the password signal that's bypassed with the bypass module, causing the 10-minute wait before Passlock resets.

I have been over the wiring many times, The bypass isn't working. Thats why it's locking out. I read on other posts that you need to do something different on a saturn, and I was wondering what. What kind of car is your remote starter on?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Uhh, its in my profile on the left. An '03 L300 3.0L V6 w/52k miles. I have a DEI remote with a bypass module. My Passlock system is the same as yours and I had the opportunity to read the installation manual before it was installed by a small local "Steve's Car Audio Store". I shuddered at the thought of spending endless hours contorting around under the steering column to wire up the remote but alas, I didn't have to. It works well even when I messed up several times engaging the 10-minute lock out when inadvertently upsetting the interaction between Passlock and the remote system. Its a little idiosyncrasy easily avoided as a small learning step and in no way taking away from its intended purpose. It works, period.

If I seem presumptuous of your mistake its because of familiarity with my remote and the similarities to any other remote starter; they all perform exactly the same function by using a bypass module to seamlessly circumvent the factory immobilizer circuit temporarily to allow starting and running without an ignition key or the newer transponder key (rfid) while retaining the theft deterrent capabilities of factory systems.

If you're stuck, call or e-mail the company and I'm sure they'll give you tech support. Just review everything you did carefully before the call so its fresh in your mind when you discuss the problem. We have a member here that looks in from time time to time but he's in the S-series forums. He's familiar with aftermarket systems. Try e-mailing a message to him. Look him up in the members list - spencerforhire(?).
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #5
saturncobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Uhh, its in my profile on the left. An '03 L300 3.0L V6 w/52k miles. I have a DEI remote with a bypass module. My Passlock system is the same as yours and I had the opportunity to read the installation manual before it was installed by a small local "Steve's Car Audio Store". I shuddered at the thought of spending endless hours contorting around under the steering column to wire up the remote but alas, I didn't have to. It works well even when I messed up several times engaging the 10-minute lock out when inadvertently upsetting the interaction between Passlock and the remote system. Its a little idiosyncrasy easily avoided as a small learning step and in no way taking away from its intended purpose. It works, period.

If I seem presumptuous of your mistake its because of familiarity with my remote and the similarities to any other remote starter; they all perform exactly the same function by using a bypass module to seamlessly circumvent the factory immobilizer circuit temporarily to allow starting and running without an ignition key or the newer transponder key (rfid) while retaining the theft deterrent capabilities of factory systems.

If you're stuck, call or e-mail the company and I'm sure they'll give you tech support. Just review everything you did carefully before the call so its fresh in your mind when you discuss the problem. We have a member here that looks in from time time to time but he's in the S-series forums. He's familiar with aftermarket systems. Try e-mailing a message to him. Look him up in the members list - spencerforhire(?).
Thanks, I'll try a tech guy. I just read somewhere that on L models 1996-2000 there is a different way to bypass. We even tried the resistor way to bypass the whole security system. I don't know, If anyone has any other options post them, But fdryer, thank you for your help.