SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 10-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default USA Today - VERY Positive article Today

In the 10-20-06 Friday USA Today in page two of the Money section there's a very good half page review of the Aura. It's definately worth your time to read it.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 14.7 beta
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
GB1
GB1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: USA Today - VERY Positive article Today

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...-19-aura_x.htm
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

That review was interesting in that the writer indicated that the XR had a "tauter suspension" than the XE.As far as I can see from Saturn sales literature,the suspensions are identically tuned.

Another item of interest is his comment that the XR transmission "pauses and jerks in full-throttle downshifts". I assume he refers to downshifting with the paddles,in which case I suspect that the transmission is designed to do this to prevent damage from downshifting from too high RPM/full throttle settings.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:46 AM   #4
wtxskater
wtxskater is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Dude, Thank you - knew there was a good reason to surf at 3:30 a.m. when you can't sleep and have a sat meeting 8 am before driving home for 5 hours after 3 days at conference. I saved the article. I have noticed the transmission lag on the XR - more in parking lots at slow speeds. Someone posted a while back it was a chip set problem not really transmission and there was a fix bulletin out from saturn. Shhh I can't type or spell at this hour
wtxskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
That review was interesting in that the writer indicated that the XR had a "tauter suspension" than the XE.As far as I can see from Saturn sales literature,the suspensions are identically tuned.
Actually they're not quite identical. XE: Four-link independent with twin-tube gas shocks; dual-rate mini-block coil springs; direct-acting stabilizer bar.
XR: Four-link independent with monotube shocks; dual-rate mini-block coil springs; direct-acting stabilizer bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
Another item of interest is his comment that the XR transmission "pauses and jerks in full-throttle downshifts". I assume he refers to downshifting with the paddles,in which case I suspect that the transmission is designed to do this to prevent damage from downshifting from too high RPM/full throttle settings.
I'm not sure if he means that as I have heard 3 or 4 people complain about it, but hopefully the TSB fixes the problem.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote