saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
gibvel
gibvel is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Running rough no power

Hi all. A little background first. 01 SC2.

Last drove it Sunday. (Don't drive it much in the summer I ride my bicycle and motorcycles to work) Drove perfectly no sign of trouble.

Yesterday I go to run an errand. Start it and it's running a bit rough. Stick it in gear and I'm getting stumbling and really can't drive it, no power. RPMs stay steady at 1,000 for awhile and then will drop and sputter then come up to around 1,000 again.

So I get it back into the driveway and stop it and pop the hood. Do a check for codes and all that comes up is Cam position sensor. This may be a stored code though as the wrench light came on and went back off after a few key cycles. That is the only code that came up, however.

Start it up again and it's running rough again. Then, after about 30 seconds it straightens up and sounds and feels perfectly normal... for about 30 seconds. Then it returns to it's ways.

All the time it's running badly the service engine soon light is on and flashing. The light went off when it started running right for that 30 seconds.

Feels, kinda, like it's not firing on all cylinders when it chugs but I can't tell.

I was going to change all the plugs and wires and see if that did it, but I thought I'd run it by you guys and see what you guys think.

Thanks
gibvel is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links