SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
sodapaps
sodapaps is on a distinguished road

Default L200 fuel gauge not working

So, last summer my fuel pump went out. My neighbor and I ordered the part from Napa, dropped the tank (which was a major pain!!!!), took out the old fuel pump, took the fuel sensor and float off of it, put the float and sensor on the new pump, then put the new fuel pump into the tank. We connected it all back together and it works great, other than my gas gauge doesn't work now!

I didn't want to take it all apart again, so the other day I finally took it into the local shop I usually go to. They called me a few hours later and asked where I got the fuel pump. I said "Napa". They said, well Napa doesn't sell the fuel pump with the gas sensor on it. You have to order that directly from Saturn. I told them that we put the old one on, and they said that didn't matter.

So, they claimed they dropped the tank and checked it out and couldn't do anything. My friend who works at Napa said that first of all, Napa can order those pumps that come with the sensor and the float, and that second of all, the old one we put back in should work just fine and they should be able to fix it.

Just curious, can anyone confirm or deny what the shop or my friend from Napa has said? All I know is they charged me a good chunk of change to tell me they can't fix it, and honestly, i don't think they even dropped the tank, otherwise they would have seen that there is a float and sensor in it!
sodapaps is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links