Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
Scott Peterson
Scott Peterson is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default another example of how people kill saturns

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Satur...fCarsQ5fTrucks
1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.
Scott Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: another example of how people kill saturns

So someone clearly (and quite annoyingly) incapable of understanding how to use her/his SHIFT key passed on her/his DNA to a daughter who drove a car for FOUR DAYS with a RED light on the dash. Y'know, generally, I oppose zoos, but I think they'd be great places for some people ....
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #3
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
So someone clearly (and quite annoyingly) incapable of understanding how to use her/his SHIFT key passed on her/his DNA to a daughter who drove a car for FOUR DAYS with a RED light on the dash. Y'know, generally, I oppose zoos, but I think they'd be great places for some people ....
HA HA HA HA thats great.
1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
wishihadacamaro
Advanced Member
wishihadacamaro is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2002 SL2

I thought they taught you about the lights on your dashboard in drivers ed? I remember that in my drivers ed class they made us draw a diagram of our dashboard and all the warning lights for a homework assignment... And, I wonder how little that car will sell for? I'd buy it for $400 or so as a parts car if it didn't cost that much to transport to VA...
wishihadacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishihadacamaro View Post
I'd buy it for $400 or so as a parts car if it didn't cost that much to transport to VA...
Forget that. Buy it for $400, buy a junkyard engine for $130 and sell it for $1500. I could have that thing back on the road in an afternoon.
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

To bad the dumb ass dad wants like 800$ for it i would say the dad is as stupid as his daughter ! thats were she learned it from.
1997 sl2, auto

Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
01SL1SATURN
01SL1SATURN is on a distinguished road

2001 SL

I don't understand how people don't check their oil.
2001 Saturn SL 5 speed -- 131,000 miles
Slush boxes..... taking the fun out of driving since 1950!
01SL1SATURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
DonP
Master Member
DonP will become famous soon enoughDonP will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

Quote:
To bad the dumb ass dad wants like 800$ for it i would say the dad is as stupid as his daughter ! thats were she learned it from.
Who is dumber, the dad for asking $800 as a buy it now (he can hope), or someone actually paying $800. There is at least one born every minute

Not clear what the reserve is, bid a few $$, you might get lucky if you don't have to pay to ship it anywhere. Be interesting to see how the bids go.
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Peterson View Post
You can't learn that kind of dumb. You can, evidently, inherit it.

Many years ago, wolfman conjured up a system for the "...my kid away at school has an S<whatever>...." crowd: a locking gas cap, with the only key welded to the handle of the oil dipstick.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink. Unless you have 2 bricks and hold their head under water.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
madpogue

1996 SW2

Sounds like a great way to get (deservedly) kicked by a horse.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
dlfretz
dlfretz is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SL1SATURN View Post
I don't understand how people don't check their oil.
I'll think one of the pictures shows a New Jersey inspection sticker. This is one of the states that prohibits owners from pumping their own gas at the gas station. It was one of the Car Talk answers to the puzzler a couple of weeks back. I'm going to guess laziness on this one.

Last edited by dlfretz; 01-28-2009 at 04:00 PM.
dlfretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

Most people have no idea that the warning lights in the instrument cluster are or what they mean. I see it all the time when I drive my Suburban. I can see down into most cars and trucks and their dash's are lit up like Christmas trees. A sea of red and amber warning lights. And they're plugging along like nothing is wrong.

But then they'll complain that the car is a piece of junk a few weeks or months later because they didnt fix a minor problem that turned into a major problem because they ignored the warnings.
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #14
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Most people have no idea that the warning lights in the instrument cluster are or what they mean. I see it all the time when I drive my Suburban. I can see down into most cars and trucks and their dash's are lit up like Christmas trees. A sea of red and amber warning lights. And they're plugging along like nothing is wrong.

But then they'll complain that the car is a piece of junk a few weeks or months later because they didnt fix a minor problem that turned into a major problem because they ignored the warnings.
This is true ! i have seen cars like that also.
1997 sl2, auto

Old 01-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #15
tehSaturn
tehSaturn will become famous soon enough

2001 SW2

WTF? Seriously? People ignore stuff like that?

The second I see a light go on in my cluster that wasn't on when I operated the car last time, I start to freak out and check the thing out ASAP. Same thing with sounds etc...

But then again, maybe it doesn't surprise me that much. People barely even read PUSH or PULL signs on a door anymore. At my store, I usually get at least 3 people a day who slam into the glass door because they fail to see how to open it.
2001 SW2: 60k Miles @ 8/11
tehSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehSaturn View Post
WTF? Seriously? People ignore stuff like that?
OK, gotta tell this true story.

Shortly after i met my (now) wife, we decided to take a trip to Vermont (from the Detroit area) to visit a friend of mine. We decided to take her car, a Ford Contour she had just bought new, because it was larger than my Honda CRX. It was about a year old, had 11k miles on it.

So, getting ready for the trip - I asked her when she last got the oil changed, figuring if it was close to time, I'd go ahead and change it for her.

She turned to me, puzzled, and said, "Oh, I've never gotten the oil changed. Why should I? It's running fine"

Our kids turned out just fine, though
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
Low Saturn

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

I know people who have told me they dont change their oil until the light comes on. Not the "Change Oil Soon" light like most newer cars have, but the red oil warning light.

I tell them that light doesnt mean its time to change their oil, it means it time to change their engine.
Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #18
madpogue

1996 SW2

You _should_ tell them where they can obtain a monthly bus pass.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #19
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

there is really only one exception to warning lights I pay attention to : it's the SES light. that usually only has to do with emissions, which i could care less about.

i've blocked the EGR in my other SC2 for 2 years now with no ill effects.
1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 AM   #20
93SC2'in
93SC2'in is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I tell them that light doesnt mean its time to change their oil, it means it time to change their engine.
LMAO i was laughing for a solid minute when i read that..

humanity seriously needs some help
93 SC2, 5-speed, <dead and gone>
95 SL2 5-speed, oem header, gsi TB, sprint 2.0, kyb gr2's, wb02, SAFCII, CAI, 17"s
---------------
Speed Kills - save lives, Drive a honda
93SC2'in is offline   Reply With Quote