SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 08-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
kevzem
kevzem is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Dizzy Thule Rack on Ion 3 QC

Hello everyone Im brand new on this forum and i have a question because nowhere can i find an answer!

I recently purchased a four pack of Thule 400xtr feet, with 53 inch Rapid Aero bars, and the 2139 fit kit and I am wondering if anyone with a 2004 or any year coupe (or sedan) has had any problems with its fit, especially on a coupe. I know the roofs on the sedan and the coupe are pratically the same besides the length and some curvature but... ya know practically doesn't ensure a good fit.

I ordered it last week and it should be here any day now and I sort of overlooked the fact that its meant to go on a 4 door ion. Because the Thule fit guide had 2 2dr 2003-2008 options at the time of my ordering, one had no rack solutions (i know now this is the 2 door version) and one had this and me being me i ordered it because im impulsive and want some way to transport a kayak but anyway because i wanted a more quality rack than the one Saturn parts the ratchets didn't really ensure confidence while transporting expensive **** and i ordered this not knowing the fit and today i checked the guide again on Thule.com and the 4 door version is the one this rack should go on. I must have overlooked the 4 or it had a typo but whatever.

So anyway does anyone own this rack and does it fit nicely on a ion without problems? My bad for a long drawn out story but help would be awesome

I own a 2004 Ion-3 QC and either way its going on my car cobbed up or not because im NOT paying the restocking fee, but any help or stories will be welcomed

Thanks in advance!
Kevin
kevzem is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
amok
amok is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Thule Rack on Ion 3 QC

I remember an ad for an Ion Quad coupe that showed an 8' kayak inside the car. Needless to say, the back seats and front passenger seat were down. If your kayak is only 8' long you may not need the rack.
amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
kevzem
kevzem is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Thule Rack on Ion 3 QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by amok View Post
I remember an ad for an Ion Quad coupe that showed an 8' kayak inside the car. Needless to say, the back seats and front passenger seat were down. If your kayak is only 8' long you may not need the rack.
Haha wow that is quite the interesting, have not been on here in a while but yes it is more than 8'. And the Thule Rack with the fit kit for the 4dr does fit on the 2dr. What I have noticed when I used it last summer was everything fit on just perfect and the money was well invested!

And on a side note my yak is a pretty wide and 12'6'' so I really didnt have too many options..
kevzem is offline   Reply With Quote