SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 08-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
comcardi
comcardi is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1997 SL2
Default Panoramic roof......twice the cost, twice the trouble of a regular roof?

Quote:
Was informed by mt dealer that our AURA is on hold, as all AURA's with panoramic sunroof, there is a problem with the sunroof. Anyone else heard this?
Quote:
We were informed available to ship July 28th. VIN is #297 No panoramic roof Also was told roof option unavailable till November
Quote:
Probably still trying to nail down the leaks.....
Quote:
Based on complaints I've read on the Edmunds Pontiac G6 forum, you're better off without the panoramic roof!
The panoramic roof.......is it worth the trouble? I was uncertain of this thing when it debuted in the G6. When I looked at it up close and personal I became even more uneasy about GM's new fangled marvel. All those individual panels each with its own seal, just waiting for a malfunction. I owned a '97 Granny GT with a sunroof, that somehow jumped track and shifted as it was closing one day. GM power features aren't exactly known for durability, my granny GT also had the power windows that would stop working half way up and you had to wait for the motor to catch what seemed like a second wind before it could finish rolling the window up. With that being said, and making note of all the "issues" occuring before it can even make it off the assembly line, I think I may opt for the simple sunroof. The regular roof is about half the cost of the panny-roof and seems to come with half the troubles. Since the panny-roof seems to be off the option list for a while, will they still offer the regular roof as an option? If that is off the list until November as well, then that will delay my purchase, I must have a sunroof! Its one of those things once you have it, you can't live without it. To bad my Satty doesn't have one since its my commuter car, luckily my 300M has it. I figured I make a thread to get some specific input on what people think of the panny-roof..........
Saturn, the GM offspring that has finally been included in the will!
comcardi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
CptMatt
CptMatt is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Panoramic roof......twice the cost, twice the trouble of a regular roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcardi
The panoramic roof.......is it worth the trouble?.......... I figured I make a thread to get some specific input on what people think of the panny-roof..........
From the experience of a coworker at my temp job over these last 9 months, I wouldn't touch the panoramic roof with a 10 pole.
CptMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
jd11184
jd11184 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Panoramic roof......twice the cost, twice the trouble of a regular roof?

I agree. get the regular sunroof. Panoramic roof = !!! With 4 panels your just asking for wind noise / water leak issues. If you do opt for the panoramic purchase a Saturn extened warranty to cover yourself after the 3/36. I imagine it will be very expensive to work on not to mention the price of parts.
jd11184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that they worked out the problems w/ the panoramic roof, but I'd still get the regular sunroof. I'd still think that the panoramic roof would be more expensive to maintain, on top of the added premium over the regular sunroof, which is likely more tried-and-true.
"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Ryan L300
Ryan L300 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I think Lexus came out with a better version with their panorama glass roof on the ES350. Basically, they created a full-length glass roofline with front and rear moonroofs. Even though it is two separate window openings, it doesn't seem as much a risk as GM's version.
Ryan L300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

I don't see why there'd be a problem with the roof considering they've been used on the G6 for 2+ years. Oh well, everyone's a critic.
"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote