SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 04-08-2006, 01:35 AM   #1
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
Heart This forum saved me alot of grief this week...Thanks!

This forum has been so helpful! In the past week, my door chime started chiming when the door was open (lights off and keys out of ignition). A quick search gave me the information that the problem was probably in the steering column/ignition switch area. Also, I was idling my car after changing the transmission fluid and received a cell phone call. The next thing I saw was my Saturn overheating. After letting it cool, replacing some fluid, I found the fan did not come of with the AC on. The fuse and relay was checked (following guidelines) from this forum. Also, I knew my new brass ECTS probably was not the problem. It appeared the fan motor had died. Took it to the Saturn Dealer and the switch in the steering column was replaced, and the fan motor, all under my extended warranty. It was empowering to be able to basically come in with the correct diagnosis and to know what needed to be fixed. In the past I was at the mercy of the repair shop. Knowledge is power. Also, once again Wolfman's guidance was especially helpful. I remember reading he bought 6 quarts of transmission fluid, just in case, when changing the fluid and filter. I thought why so much? But after warming the car, I found I needed over 5 quarts to get fluid into the cross hatch area on the dipstick. Wolfman is like the patron Saint of Saturns (the Catholics may understand what I am saying). I am so grateful for everyone’s help. To me, this is like the family I never had. I lost my father when I was 16, and have needed guidance in car maintenance. I have had so many terrible car repair experiences. Thanks for helping me have some positive ones!
Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: This forum saved me alot of grief this week...Thanks!

Awww makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Big forum hug
Doesn't it feel great to tell the mechanic what to do, and be right about it?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #3
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
Default Re: This forum saved me alot of grief this week...Thanks!

Yes, it makes it more of a level playing field. It would have made me feel a lot better but I just got back from my first root canal.
Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote