SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 09:52 AM   #1
Whelan
Whelan is on a distinguished road

Default Breaking into your Saturn!

OK, so its 8:05am, class is at 8:10. Perfect! your in the garage parking and you put your keys in your bag, but oops, you close the doors to put your jacket in the trunk.

Well yes folks this happened to me this morning. But luckily I popped my trunk before I locked the doors. So I thought and though and thought. Solution. Well as all first gen SLx owners know that the back seats thankfully fold down. Now the question, how to unlatch them. Well after a half hour I figured it out. I took my Club and pried the side cushions off the back and viola!. I was able to reach my hand, with some wrist twisting and grab hold of the tab good enough to pull it and pop, opens up my 40 fold seat. I thanked Ch**t and opened the door, but I was already late for class, so I am gonna go have a chat with my professor and explain this embarassing situation. Add on doing in in front of a bunch of people parking and heading to class. Fun stuff
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2001, 10:17 AM   #2
Jeff P
Jeff P is on a distinguished road

I did the same thing with my SC once when I was picking up a rental car. I had my trunk open but locked my keys inside the car. Being 6'3" it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to climb face first into the trunk, get the seat folded down, and crawl into the car but I managed. But I didn't have to pull the tabs from the inside the the car, with a good whack the seats folded in pretty easily.

jeff
Old 12-11-2001, 11:52 AM   #3
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Shame you didn't have your Saturn emergency key in your wallet. Satty sent me one with each new car and it has been useful several times.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #4
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Yea BOB haven't had to use it yet. I had a Nova years ago and had a key made at a locksmith double sided and he charged me $3.25. I was pissed that he charged so much. The next night I was talking to a friend and locked the keys in the car with it running. Had that $3.25 key in the wallet so I could unlock the car. I always carry a spare key.
Old 12-11-2001, 12:31 PM   #5
DBLW1
Advanced Member
DBLW1 is on a distinguished road

A bit of warning. Use that spare wallet key to open the door and shut the door ASAP, and don't use it for the ignition. The security light will blink, and withing a couple a minute or two, the alarm will go off. I learned the hardway at 11 o'clock on a Wednesday night in my driveway. Neighbors wasn't too happy.
Old 12-11-2001, 12:32 PM   #6
Whelan
Whelan is on a distinguished road

Default Emergency Key

Well funny mentioning.

I do have an emergency wallet key, the problem is. I have the key in my wallet which at the time was in my bag which was in the car
Old 12-11-2001, 12:34 PM   #7
ricksLS1
Master Member

Well I would have been in the same boat
Old 12-11-2001, 02:47 PM   #8
ProjectSW1
ProjectSW1 is on a distinguished road

what!? you guys don't duct tape a spare to yer left bum cheek!?!?

some people... geez...

----==[ ProjectSW1 ]==----
Old 12-11-2001, 03:09 PM   #9
Craig-02SL2
Craig-02SL2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by DBLW1
A bit of warning. Use that spare wallet key to open the door and shut the door ASAP, and don't use it for the ignition. The security light will blink, and withing a couple a minute or two, the alarm will go off
Are you sure that shutting the door will turn off/disable the alarm? I would think that's the first thing a thief would do. I'll have to check it at home tonight, as soon as the neighbors doze off. -Craig
Old 12-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #10
ricksLS1
Master Member

That's if you have it (The alarm) and the alarm is set. Mine is programmed for secrity not to go on unless I hit the button. You have 30 seconds otherwise.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #11
Nuke-Em
Nuke-Em is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I wish my spare wallet key would come for my car. Actually, I wish it would come for my dad's too (they were bought 2 weeks apart from each other). I remember one time when I was younger, my dad was checking out the engine while it was running. He closed his door and I got out of mine. Being the responsible kid I was, I locked the doors and closed 'em. Fortunately we were home at the time and there was a spare key in the house.

Matt
If God had intended driving to be boring, he would have given us all Toyota's
Closed Thread