SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 10-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
xzuesx91
xzuesx91 will become famous soon enoughxzuesx91 will become famous soon enough

Default 03 Vue pregnant wife's car no heat.

Okay so we used to have blower speeds 2-4 then only 4. Then nothing. So I replaced the control panel and speed switch with junkyard parts. Still nothing. So last winter I wired in a 30amp in line fuse from battery to blower and to a switch. To turn it on. It worked fine till now. It's blowing every switch I install. So it's time to track it down it's getting cold and my family needs heat. I have noticed when you turn the control know to any speed past 1 (2-4) you can tell it's doing something cause engine surges briefly from power draw. But no good for turning on blower. Blower still runs great. What the holly heck is going on Saturn gurus rescue me. I'm way too busy for this. I work 3 jobs. And by the time I get home at 11:30pm I'm out of energy. So point me to it. Lol and no I'm not paying a shop. I just don't know where to start looking.
xzuesx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 03 Vue pregnant wife's car no heat.

May be of some help. Remove your jerry rigggin' and give it to the DNC.

Which motor to you have under the hood?

The 4banger tStats installed @ factory are ferkakta, need to be replaced w/ new if it runs at 1/4, and not 3/8th's on the temp gauge.
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partne...resistor%20fan
'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #3
xzuesx91
xzuesx91 will become famous soon enoughxzuesx91 will become famous soon enough

Engine size doesn't matter. Nor does anything else. Cabin design was the same. It's not a temp sensor problem or whatever you are getting at. I have perfect heat with my "Jerry riggin" however all I had at the time was some solid core wire so I'm thinking that's the reason for it getting so hot. And melting switches. But I would like to fix it. I've checked and double checked for bad wires leading to both the blower and the control panel. And traced most if not all the cabin wires back to the driver kick panel. I'm assuming they all go there. And things seem okay. I've got power in all wires when needed. I've downloaded the all data wire schematic. And probed them. And as I stated before the control panel put a load as it should on the vehicle until the alternator compensates for the extra load. I think sir you have me confused with some one who doesn't know what they are talking about or someone who's just a backyard mechanic. I'm actually an ex Toyota certified technition. I changed careers. And in doing so I have no time for small time projects. However I have to get this one fixed. Can't be driving around with iced windshields and no cabin heat. My son and his mother with freeze. So to answer your question anyway. 3.0 saab engine. With a new tstat, coolant temp sensor, and basically a new top end. Replaced the head gaskets... I don't use shops. I do all my work myself. Just need some. Direction because I'm terrible with electrical diagnosis.
xzuesx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:27 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Did you examine the blower ground wire and where it connects?
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuesx91 View Post
It's blowing every switch I install. ...it's getting cold and my family needs heat. I have perfect heat with my "Jerry riggin" however all I had at the time was some solid core wire so I'm thinking that's the reason for it getting so hot. And melting switches....Can't be driving around with iced windshields and no cabin heat.
So you have "perfect heat" but iced windshield My previous post still applies. ANd engine type DOES matter- read up on the Tstat for the 2.2.
'17 Suby Forester

Old 10-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
billysvue
Master Member

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I think sir you have me confused
NO, I think you are confused.

It's blowing every switch I install. ...it's getting cold and my family needs heat. I have perfect heat with my "Jerry riggin" however all I had at the time was some solid core wire so I'm thinking that's the reason for it getting so hot. And melting switches....Can't be driving around with iced windshields and no cabin heat.
'17 Suby Forester

Old 10-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Fan speed is controlled by a small circuit board plugged into the blower motor housing. Speed 4 should bypass the circuit board and run fan on high.

However, common blower circuit power fail point is in C200 behind panel next to drivers left foot. Examine all orange wires for signs of overheat at this junction. Pull the lever to disconnect two connector halves so you can see if anything is charred.

You mentioned running new wire from battery to blower through 30 amp fuse and switch. How did you connect new wire to blower?

I believe I'd drop the blower motor - easy to do especially if you remove glove box - and examine power and ground wires for insulation nicks and corresponding signs of arcing. There are sharp metal edges near wire routing path and there's a history of shorted power wires.

Regarding the fan speed circuit - it also provides a run command to A/C compressor and when any of low speeds fail the compressor will not run. To make it more interesting the compressor "may" not run if the normal 12 volt path to circuit card is interrupted.

So, spin the blower if you can to make sure its not binding, check wires for signs of chafing and shorting to ground, make sure you have good power through C200, and replace the circuit card ... i bought one from eBay with free shipping for less than $30 which has worked for several months.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote