SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 06-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
CLopay
CLopay is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Saturn Vue Aftermarket Stereo Troubleshooting!

Hey Saturn fans!

Let me begin my first post by saying thank you all for the insight and help you guys provide each other. Great community that I'm thankful I can join with my 2006 Vue!

Also - yes, I have searched the forum and anywhere else I'm capable of, but have not found any relevant information that specifically addresses my questions. Now, without further delay...

THE MISSION: I have recently decided to install an aftermarket stereo receiver in my 2006 Saturn Vue. My choice of stereo is the Kenwood DDX470 (bluetooth, touch screen, buncha nice gadgets) using the Metra 70-2202 wiring harness. I successfully wired the harness to the unit and installed the system, and what do you know...it turned powered up and worked [nearly] properly!

Except two problems: there was no sound coming from the rear speakers, and then the touch screen element quit working. I checked and rechecked the connections - no error there. I noticed I did not connect the solid blue wire with a white stripe from the stereo unit to the corresponding blue wire with a white stripe on the harness. The lead from the stereo called for it to be wired to an auxiliary amp, but I wasn't aware of whether or not the Vue had one...so I did it. And now my touch screen isn't functioning. Turns on properly but gets stuck at the first "initial setup" since I can't push anything on the touch screen. Tried unplugging it, resetting it, powering it down/up, and even powered the stereo with ONLY the power leads attached. Same result!

Did I make a big oops, or is this just a defective unit? Am I being locked out of the unit since it's an aftermarket stereo? Does the Vue have some sort of amp circuit for the rear speakers (which may explain why sound was coming from the front and not rear)? Any other suggestions you guys have?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks & God bless!!
CLopay is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Aftermarket Stereo Troubleshooting!

I believe you have a defective radio. You are using the correct harness. You only need to connect the blue wire with the white stripe (amp turn-on signal) if your Vue has the AAS option which has a factory-installed amplifer and subwoofer in the cargo area. If you don't have a factory sub in the cargo area then your Vue doesn't have this option. The factory amp would power all of the speakers and the sub; not just the rear speakers.
2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 211K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 85K miles
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
CLopay
CLopay is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Aftermarket Stereo Troubleshooting!

Thank you, Ruley!

That's what I concluded, but I just wanted to ensure there wasn't something I was overlooking. I've returned the stereo and reordered another one. It should be in tomorrow afternoon and functional by tomorrow night. I'll show you guys how it looks!

Thanks again,
Clopay
CLopay is offline   Reply With Quote