SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
desertrat
desertrat is on a distinguished road

2000 SC1
Default Can I add cruise control to my SC1 from another Saturn??

My SC1 doesn't have cruise control. Was wandering if a unit from another Saturn will work on mine and what needs to be done?? Thanks.
desertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Can I add cruise control to my SC1 from another Saturn??

Not as easily as if you had an earlier model without a BCM.

I'd offer you mine, but it won't work in yours and it's too cold to work around that much brittle plastic now. "Broke" mine by putting in the same 5spd you have.

There's other threads listing what you'll need and how to do it. I believe it's just the steering wheel module/switch, the thingy that goes onto the gas pedel, probably some wiring, and reprogramming the PCM with a Tech II or equivalent.
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a manual
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

I believe that the with a 2000, you need the whole steering wheel from a 3rd gen car (2000-2002) as the controls are in the steering wheel rather than a pod mounted on the shaft cover

If you go to YouTube and look for videos by richpin06a, he covers the process for a 2nd gen. When you grab the module that attaches to the gas pedal, be sure and grab the rubber grommets, too.

No wiring needed, should all be in place; just need to connect it under the steering wheel
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Alot depends on the model level of the car. The lower option levels did nmot have the ability to have cruise installed. The best way to check if you can even think of installing cruise is to see if you have the wiring harness connector for the cruise control module. The connector should be taped up by the base of the steering column/gas pedal area. No connector no way of installing OEM cruise.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
off-track
Master Member
off-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

^+1

Even if it's there. You will need the CC wheel as ALOC mentioned, the module itself, AND have the option turned on via a Tech-II scanner.

Search "adding cruise" here and you will find several threads on the subject.
1997 - SL2, barebones, 161k, Auto - Rebuild complete and.. burnt a valve 20k later Arrgh!
Purchased 114k 10/07
Added OEM CC
off-track is offline   Reply With Quote