SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 06-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
tiggerooh
tiggerooh is on a distinguished road

Default Cruise control 2002 Saturn vue

My cruise control will not activate.It worked just fine for years but now the cruise light comes on but will not activate when setting.I did have some rain water get onto the driver side panel near the analizer socket ----forgot to close windows during a rain storm .However, at that time, the cruise still worked for several months after that mishap.
tiggerooh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Cruise control 2002 Saturn vue

It may be the switches on the steering wheel. On the 02 and 03 models, you can pry the switches out of their setting (on the front of the steering wheel) using a flathead screwdriver. They come apart and clean nicely.

I had this problem. There was crud in the switches. If the button membrane doesn't make contact, you may not be able to turn in on, or either increase or decrease the speed.

It is a 10 min job. Qtips and alcohol work great.
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
tiggerooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTchemist View Post
It may be the switches on the steering wheel. On the 02 and 03 models, you can pry the switches out of their setting (on the front of the steering wheel) using a flathead screwdriver. They come apart and clean nicely.

I had this problem. There was crud in the switches. If the button membrane doesn't make contact, you may not be able to turn in on, or either increase or decrease the speed.

It is a 10 min job. Qtips and alcohol work great.
Thanks VTchemist I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
tiggerooh

Well, the switch on the cruise control was cleaned and returned ----but still no go.Although the cruise turns on ,it does not activate the cruise speed apparently it must be --that no power is getting to the electronic device that activates the cruise. So I believe something is wrong with the circuit.But I have no schematic of the cruise electrics.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerooh View Post
Well, the switch on the cruise control was cleaned and returned ----but still no go.Although the cruise turns on ,it does not activate the cruise speed apparently it must be --that no power is getting to the electronic device that activates the cruise. So I believe something is wrong with the circuit.But I have no schematic of the cruise electrics.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
The cruise "ON" light indicates at least one contact of clock-spring coil is good.

There are two switches connected to brake pedal. They could be mal-adjusted. I doubt if its the stop-lamp switch. If it were ON at all times the brake lights would stay on.

You can find a schematic and switch adjust instructions in post # 18 of following thread.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130677
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
tiggerooh

Thanks far2grumpy for the thread location will study this .