SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:30 PM   #1
Saturn94buff
Saturn94buff is on a distinguished road

Sad not one thing its another

Well, here we go with the never ending " if it's not one thing it's another". I have a real bad problem with my 94SL2, not moving off the line. I have a real bad stutter and bogging down when I exclerate and then it kicks in. In drive sitting at the light I get something like a pulse, like when you first start your car and it sets it's self to idle, over and over.
I went to remove the throttle body to check the TBI and I busted my damn socket (FYI, Durabuilt sux). I am going to also check the feul injectors, ECT and EGR valve. Outside of this I am not to sure what else I can do for my baby. ?Question? Would it hurt to remove the catalytic converter?
I do not know alot about cars, but I did go out and get the break down and rebuild book for my car writen by Haynes. HELP ME PLEASE IF YOU CAN !
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2002, 02:02 AM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Provided the plugs/plug wires/air filter/fuel injectors are all in satisfactory condition, the prime suspects for poor acceleration issues are the ECTS (Engine coolant temperature sensor) and the TPS (throttle position sensor) followed by the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and lastly the O2 sensor.
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 12-06-2002, 05:36 AM   #3
Maritime Storm
Advanced Member
Maritime Storm has a spectacular aura aboutMaritime Storm has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Do Not under any circumstances remove your catalytic converter. You will screw up your fuel mileage, polute the air we breathe, not to mention create a pile of little driveability problems. Your car was designed/tuned to run with added little bit of back pressure.
Save the Earth, Ban Slushboxes!!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 02:37 PM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes

What about Traction Control?
It sounds like the TC is activating by your description.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:35 AM   #5
Saturn94buff

The TC would not make it sound like a lawn mower, so no I do not think it could cause these problems. The oil level is fine also and the problem only hits bad after the car gets warm. The problem also gets worse when the performance switch is not on. When it starts acting up I can usually get through it if a smash the gas.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:32 AM   #6
92saturnsl2
Advanced Member
92saturnsl2 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like it's time for a compression test... How much oil is the car burning? Is it setting any SES codes? A decent compression tester can be purchased at Autozone for 29.99$. Or you can find them at Sears, and many other Auto parts stores.

good luck!
Old 12-07-2002, 09:02 AM   #7
Saturn94buff

I am not getting any SES codes not even the SES light, and as for the oil......I am not burning any at all.
Closed Thread