SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
saturndog
saturndog is on a distinguished road

Default 1998 saturn sl coolant leak

coolant appears to be leaking from the firewall where the two rubber hoses for the ac? or heater core overflow is. strange enough it is emitting from the two hoses on the firewall. i have replaced the radiator, water temp sensor, ect and noticed that the coolant is dripping from the two tubes on the firewall. any ideas. is the core bad or is there a valve or what that needs to be relplaced? thanks...
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Rare to see bad hater cores on Saturns. Have you made sure that it is coolant for sure and if so not running down the hoses from higher up? No valving in the heater core system so if it is leaking from the heater core it needs to be replaced.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
saturndog

the coolant appears to be emitting from the two rubber tubes in the firewall. are these tubes the ones that release moisture from the ac system as it cools? again does this have anything to do with the engine coolant/cooling system? confused? thanks again with where to begin to correct this problem. i don't want to go to the dealership. anyway thanks again.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Define "rubber tubes"?

Not hoses leading to the engine or anywhere else? Just kind of hanging out and down from the firewall? If so then they are either cowl drains or the drain (s) for the HVAC box in the car. Are you sure it is anti freeze coming out? Not just water.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:59 PM   #5
wrg813
wrg813 is on a distinguished road

From where you are looking, you may want to consider the intake manifold slightly leaking. Shift your view and tell us what you see.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
saturndog

the tubes are located in the middle lower section of the firewall above the axle. they leak water/coolant when the car is parked not running. maybe i am wrong but it appears to be a direct correlation to the amount of liquid is leaked to the level of the coolant bottle. i just checked the oil which i changed about 4 days ago and it is as clear as can be. not leaking into the oil but again it appears as a drip drip drip from those tubes? the tubes are below the hoses that enter into the firewall for the heater core and they do not appear to be leaking. ok am i off base how to check?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
saturndog

i have layed beneath the car watched it drip from the indicated tubes, chinese water torture style, onto my head. the leak is not comming from the engine, manifold ect.
Closed Thread