SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 02:49 AM   #1
pauljaws
pauljaws is on a distinguished road

Idea Center Console Armrest Discovery

I must be an idiot, but I did not realize until last night that the armrest in the center console slides forward on a track. No one showed that to me at the dealership and I never read anything about it. I even complained to the salesman that the armrests did not extend forward enough towards the shift knob. I find it funny now that he didn't say anything to me about it. Actually I would have never even discovered it unless my girlfriend had been searching for something in the backseat. She happened to lean forward on the console and it moved forward. I thought she had broke it!!..haha. Well that is just one more little thing that makes me enjoy this car even more. Anyone else discover this like me or did their salesperson actually show them?
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I knew it intuitivley. If the arm rest wasn't positionable then the people who carp about the ION interior would finally have a legitimate gripe. The rest is too far back to be useful to anyone that doesn't drive with the seat all the way back so you kind of figure that it must move. Besides, on mine anyway, it's kind of hard to open the lid without some movement in the armrest.

BTW, I was at the retailer last week and they had a Storm Grey ION3. A beautiful color in person. I think if it was offered on the QC that I might have gone that way. It has a very elegant look.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #3
Billy816
Billy816 is on a distinguished road

My son pointed it out to me, and it is in the manual. If in doubt, read the instructions, lol. The action on the console release button is kind of odd, but I'm giving up complaining about the quirky engineering on this car and have decided to just love it like a goofy puppy. I posted a lot of gripes here about the QC3, but life is short so don't sweat the small stuff.

By the way, to Gerry Proctor: I don't see many members here with QC3vti's: does yours make a lot of engine/transmission grinding racket for the first few seconds that you start it up? I don't see any problems from it at 6000 miles, but it's a little disconcerting. I'll gladly put up with it for the amazing highway passing performance this car has, if that's what it takes for instantaneous acceleration.

David

03QC3 vti
01 L200
98 Taurus wagon
97 SL2
95 SL2 (gone)
Old 01-29-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Not that I can tell, David. The only thing that I notice on startup that is different from any other car I've owned is that as soon as the engine catches it achieves what sounds like astronomical rpm (but, in reality, it just zooms to 2k rpm) and then immediately settles down to what seems like a more normal cold-start rpm. I can't associate any peculiar noises to this behavior that make me think anything isn't right. I know it may sound petty, but I'd bring this up with your retailer's service folks and get their feel for it. They may be able to replicate it and explain it to you or identify an issue. That's what I would do.

And I'm with you on the VTi. This is the finest transmission ever installed in a car. Makes the stop-and-go driving much less painful and I love the highway operation. I hope they develope the CVT transmission to handle higher torque loads and can broaden the application. If they put one of these in a V6 VUE, I'd trade up tomorrow. It's just that good.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
Billy816
Billy816 is on a distinguished road

To Gerry:

Mine does the same thing with the fast startup, but it then settles down to a lower engine RPM than I like, to the point that I have to ride the accelerator and brake to back out of the garage.... I'm used to enough revs that the car will move with my foot off the gas pedal. I chalk this up to the vti/ecotec being a different animal. It also misses a little bit cause (it seems) the engine settles down so much and I've had it in twice for this, but the dealer(s) can't duplicate it. My 01 L200 4 cylinder ran perfectly till I had an ECM module and plug recall replacement and now it's doing exactly the same thing. I just haven't had time to run this down with the dealer yet. I think it's an engine programming problem, but not a big deal.

David
Old 01-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #6
SpiderWebb
SpiderWebb is on a distinguished road

I discoverd this in a parking lot. One of my friends pushed it out, and I was like "What did you do!" LOL
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #7
PAGuy77
PAGuy77 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

When I bought my Ion, my retailer who sold me the car showed me. He took me thru a bunch of different basics with the car. I was glad he did. It helped me get familiar with my car before I read the owners manual...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
SpiderWebb

That's getting old. Ever since I mentioned that I forgot about my manual, I've had people on here reminding me every chance they get. It's not that big of a deal. If I have another question I'll remember to refer to my manual next time, and when I get the chance I'll read it. I'm sorry I wasted someones time.

I'm sorry but this is getting annoying.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #9
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

If I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all.....
*Drive it like you bought it.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #10
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiderWebb
That's getting old. Ever since I mentioned that I forgot about my manual, I've had people on here reminding me every chance they get. It's not that big of a deal. If I have another question I'll remember to refer to my manual next time, and when I get the chance I'll read it. I'm sorry I wasted someones time.

I'm sorry but this is getting annoying.
I thought the same, when i asked a question and got rediculous answer about dual exhaust, but i guess i have to deal with this since most of the people here are under 30 and act like there over 60,(afraid of change) Did i put that out there. And then wonder why no one comes to these forums anymore. It's not that serious. Live Life, Love Life. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

Last edited by SilverNickelQC; 01-29-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #11
SpiderWebb

I'm trying to be nice, but I don't like when I make one mistake and never hear the end of it. I made a mistake. I should have looked in the manual before I asked my question. I don't need to be reminded about it every other post I make. I'm sorry but that got to be just too much. I've had to deal with this sort of stuff alot in my life. I made a promise to myself that I would let my feelings be known instead of bottleing them up.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:27 PM   #12
Gerry Proctor
Master Member

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiderWebb
I made a promise to myself that I would let my feelings be known instead of bottleing them up.
I would have bottled them up on this once since your outrage is so obtuse. What the heck are you raging about? I didn't see anything unkind or slamming anyone on any of these posts.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:42 PM   #13
pauljaws

LOL...Man...all I asked was if someone else discovered their armrest like myself or did their salesperson show it to them. I just posted it because I found it funny and thought other people would get a good laugh. Sorry to cause such outrage and confusion. I did not realize everyone on here was so serious. Like SilverNickelQC quotes "Life life, Love life."
Old 01-29-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
SpiderWebb

You didn't cause anything, pauljaws. I'm just tired of being treated like some kind of idiot. I'm not outraged, I'm just expressing how I feel about this whole thing. What's so obtuse about expressing how you feel about something? Can we move on yet? The only reason I said anything was because I wanted to put an incident behind me without being reminded of it. That's all I want. I'm not going to reply in this thread anymore so it can get back on topic. Sorry about that, pauljaws.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #15
pauljaws

No prob....no hard feelings from me.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #16
kevinolean
kevinolean is on a distinguished road

my salesperson showed it to me along with just about every other feature the car has to offer. I was very impressed with my salesperson!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:11 AM   #17
SL2*2*LW2
SL2*2*LW2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy816
....I'm giving up complaining about the quirky engineering on this car and have decided to just love it like a goofy puppy.... life is short so don't sweat the small stuff.

This is a great statement.

Saturn should adopt it as their new ad slogan [ LOL ]

"Quirky but lovable!"

It's the truth.

Thanks for tip on the sliding console....I have a different model car, but it would be nice if mine was adjustable. My salesperson didn't dare show me anything she didn't have to in this car, for fear it would be the one thing to make me decide not to buy it, given all the Q's I had about it! LOL

~SL2*2*LW2

Last edited by SL2*2*LW2; 02-04-2004 at 01:22 AM.
Closed Thread