SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 02-28-2021, 01:38 AM   #1
TheJewInTheVue
TheJewInTheVue is on a distinguished road

Default Please help! Homeless living in my 07 Vue that Mobile mechanic Killed!!!

I have a 2007 view base model 2.2 4 cylinder automatic that was driving just fine with no problem at all a couple nights ago other than the starter was starting to go out and it was running a lean condition from a bad O2 sensor that I just replaced the day it happened. Out of nowhere it started to get random misfire code, so decided to check the spark plugs when I got home and see how toasted they were, my dumbass decided to do so in the dark with no light, and when pulling out the second plug didn't realize the ceramic was broken off and fell into the cylinder, and instead of trying to fix it myself for once I listened to my wife and decided to get a mobile mechanic here, and I guess we picked the wrong idiot to call, his response to the problem was to spray ether in the spark plug Wells and drill a rag down into it, then put new spark plugs in and decided to try to fire it right up, and whatever the hell he did made it not start at all and at that same time the starter burnt out all the way, so I paid for a new starter and for the mechanic to replace the starter, after everything was put together and trying to start it it would crank and crank and crank but didn't fire off, and didn't seem to have spark long story short the mechanics and they're supervisor decided the work that they were dispatched and paid to do was complete and it's not their fault that it's not running now after threatening to filing call tow truck and police and make other various threats they finally robbed me of my money. 200 plus dollars in labor for something I could have did myself Plus 160 for the starter and a few more for spark plugs all in all spent my whole income tax to have the car that I live in no longer work at all. I need someone to please assist and drop tip or hint on what might be causing it. ( Other factors and details /problematic factors) the second spark plug the one that ceramic broke, was having problems getting the new spark plug in as if it was starting to get stripped, the same night it seemed to have a check engine code for camshaft position sensor even though AutoZone and O'Reilly's both said that it doesn't have camshaft position sensor for my model, check the voltage with the key on at the fuse box and the middle cluster of fuses are getting no voltage the ETC fuse injector / ignition fuses rear windshield wiper fuse and a few other are getting nothing even though the fuse is brand new, brand new battery brand new alternator brand new starter brand new O2 sensor brand new throttle body brand new catalytic converter didn't replace the spark plug boot and still looks like original coil pack and ignition module and up until this point have had no major problems whatsoever had just drove back from Walmart at the time that I checked the spark plugs and as soon as I took them out it hasn't been able to start since. Spent my whole income tax return on this b******* and now stuck in a muddy empty lot, so it's time sensitive and I'm too far away from most stores to walk please help ASAP thanks in advance
TheJewInTheVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Please help! Homeless living in my 07 Vue that Mobile mechanic Killed!!!

*What part of the spark plug remains in the cylinder? Upper or lower portion? Be specific. Damage can occur with ceramic and metal parts left in the cylinder without removing the cylinder head. Some lucky enough to have a similar situation with only bits of plug remaining have gotten away with little to no damage after starting up as smaller bits escape thru either the plug hole or the exhaust valve opening. Larger parts unable to exit the exhaust valve opening tends to damage the cylinder head, cylinder wall and/or piston. Leaving the open plug hole and cranking the engine sometimes blows out remnants of plug guts.

*A mobile mechanic that can't diagnose/troubleshoot any problem may be considered not worthy of being described as a "mechanic". I would think mobile mechanics would be more than experienced when called and pre screening during initial discussions to determine whether or not accepting or declining service. This is troubling as better than average mechanics/techs see problems as never ending challenges to their expertise to gain new insight to a different problem. By halting any further troubleshooting seems to me an off handed way to admit to not having expertise in your predicament or knowing the true extent of engine damage and bowing out before getting involved. The true extent of what part of the spark plug remains in the engine may be the only clue why.

One (damaged?) cylinder doesn't prevent the other three cylinders from operating, albeit very roughly if the engine can startup. Most of us with some basic understanding of engine troubleshooting might start with determining whether the engine has a fuel or ignition (spark) problem, presuming the engine turns over with the starter.

Removing spark plugs after several failed starting attempts would usually result in a flooded engine with plugs wreaking of fuel to indicate injectors are operating. No wet plugs would indicate a fuel issue. A spark test can be performed in one of two ways; spark testing with plugs exposed, wired up to ignition coil pack, plug bases wired to engine ground with someone turning the key to START while you observe for spark or spraying starting fluid into throttle and starting. Supplying fuel via starting fluid should result in the engine firing up. Not firing up would imply lack of ignition/spark.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
TheJewInTheVue
TheJewInTheVue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please help! Homeless living in my 07 Vue that Mobile mechanic Killed!!!

The thing is I'm stuck in an empty lot with no battery at all and no money, so I'm stuck at a standstill literally just sitting here and it was ceramic that fell in I got out what I could with the shop vac and the jackass mechanic sprayed ether and drilled a rag in it and said apparently he got the rest up, but I don't know if I believe that. Either way it goes I've spent the last two days checking fuses continuity voltage spark in anything else I can in the meantime until I can get somebody to come and jump start my battery.
TheJewInTheVue is offline   Reply With Quote