SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
numonekobefan
numonekobefan has a spectacular aura aboutnumonekobefan has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL2
Post Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

Hi guys,

I have a '96 Saturn SL2, and I am having misfiring issues. I have been unable to find a good wiring diagram online. Most of the ones I've found don't include the Ignition Control Module Wiring (ICM). Does anyone have a link to the diagram for the '96 SL2? This particular ICM has 5 pins, and NOT 6 pins as most of the wiring diagrams I've seen online.

The other thing I am looking for is for the actual plastic connector that plugs in to the ICM. Like I said, it is a 5 pin connector. I believe the wires may be bad underneath the plastic sheath/jacket since when I bend that section of the harness the problem only gets worse. I'd like to replace those wires along with the connector as far back as I can to eliminate that issue. Thanks!
numonekobefan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

Go to a pick and pull and cut the connector and wire off of any 96 or newer S-Series car. Each pin on your connector is labeled a,b, c etc and all you have to do is keep track of the wire colors when you splice in the new connector and wire. the problem is most likely in the connector but get as much wire as you can. The parts are no longer available OEM. Each splice must be soldered and heat shrink insulated. NO Crimp Connectors as they will fail.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
numonekobefan
numonekobefan has a spectacular aura aboutnumonekobefan has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL2
Sad Re: Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

Thanks OldNuc. Yes, I have come to the conclusion that those connectors are no longer available anywhere. I did see that Motec uses the same coil pack plus ICM in their catalog, but I didn't have any luck finding the connector itself. Going to the pick and pull was going to be my last resort since I live in Michigan, and it is winter season now. A trip to the pick and pull this time of year is painful.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
SRGW
Advanced Member
SRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to all

1997 SL1
Post Re: Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

Is this of any help??

1995 SL1 212,963 Well Oiled!!
1997 SL1 44,250 Just A Teenager!!
CHECK YOUR OIL!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engine-controls-1-of-4.pdf (59.0 KB, 108 views)
SRGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
numonekobefan

1996 SL2
Thumbs Up Re: Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

OMG Yes! Thanks a bunch SRGW! You don't know how long I searched for this on google. I kept seeing stuff for 95 and back, which has different wiring. Thanks again!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
boatmoter
boatmoter is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2
Default Re: Looking for Engine Harness Wiring Diagram and ICM Connector

if you still need the wiring diagram,send me a message,my tech info goes from 82 to 99
boatmoter is offline   Reply With Quote