SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
dddaaa
dddaaa is on a distinguished road

Default 97sl1 water leak at pipe below overflow reservior

The hose beneath the overflow leaks. The water is coming out from the metal or where the hose connects to the metal t connector that goes to where you put water in (overflow resevior). There is a large rubber hose that seems to be perminately attached to this metal t connector. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I am not sure if it is leaking from this permanently attached hose (think it is) how to fix the problem. Do I need to get the entire metal connector say from a junk yd? If so I am not sure how to remove it since it goes towards the firewall and is kinda long.

Also, can I patch this somehow with some cement?
dddaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 97sl1 water leak at pipe below overflow reservior

Post a picture of this leak. A possible repair may be done by replacing the hose - carefully slitting and peeling back the crimped portion of metal that acts as a clamp over the inner portion of tubing that's inserted into the hose. Once the crimped part is peeled away and cut off the old hose can be pulled off for replacement. This way the aluminum fitting is retained and worm clamps used to clamp the new hose inserted over the metal tubing. I recall a member doing this in a past post.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
dddaaa
dddaaa is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 97sl1 water leak at pipe below overflow reservior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Post a picture of this leak. A possible repair may be done by replacing the hose - carefully slitting and peeling back the crimped portion of metal that acts as a clamp over the inner portion of tubing that's inserted into the hose. Once the crimped part is peeled away and cut off the old hose can be pulled off for replacement. This way the aluminum fitting is retained and worm clamps used to clamp the new hose inserted over the metal tubing. I recall a member doing this in a past post.
I do not have a camera to take a pic. I think the leak is either coming from the hose that goes into the alumnium t fitting from the reservior or from under the clamp on the other hose. Can not see for sure as it drips at the bottom. I might just get a new clamp and tighten tight and see if that fixes it. I do not understand how to slit and peel back the crimped portion of metal u are talking about. So you are saying I do not need to go to junk yd and get the metal thing that is below reservior that goes towards the firewall? (good as it looks very difficult to replace).

I can not see how there would be a hole in the metal (alumnium at the bottom) as there is no wear there or salt or anything. If there is, is there some cement that seals alumnium or tape or something?

I see no holes in the rubber hoses or anything either.
dddaaa is offline   Reply With Quote