SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
truck1985
truck1985 is a jewel in the roughtruck1985 is a jewel in the roughtruck1985 is a jewel in the rough

2004 ION-3 Sedan
Dizzy Can't seem to fix this car?!?

I have a 2004 Saturn Ion 3 with the 2.2L Ecotec and 5 Speed Manual Transmission. About 2-3 months ago, I very abruptly started getting a lot of noise from the engine. About two days later, a gouge appeared in the valve cover. Upon further investigation, I found that two of my timing chain guide had catastrophically failed. I changed out the entire timing kit, valve cover, and dropped the oil pan and cleaned it. Since then, the problems seem to keep coming. My IAC (idle air controller) went bad (I have replaced it). I started getting a p0172 DTC (system too rich) and P0107 (MAP/Barometric Pressure Sensor). I have removed the Catalytic Converter to make sure it wasn't clogged (didn't fix the problem so I reinstalled it). I have changed the oil several times. I have replaced the spark plugs twice. I have replaced both my upstream and downstream O2 sensors. I have replaced the MAP Sensor twice. I am still getting the engine error codes, even after all of this. I ran a fuel pressure test. I got good results from that, except when the engine is idling, the pressure is all over the place when I am idling. The engine does idle a little rough. My research elsewhere has told me to replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator (my local GM dealership tells me there isn't one on the '04 Ion). I am at my wits end, and am tired of throwing parts at the vehicle. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to take it to a shop if I don't have to--please help?!?
truck1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links