SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 02-14-2022, 10:38 PM   #1
nota21
nota21 is on a distinguished road

Default First ever time owning a Saturn

Hi! So, I am a former 2002 Toyota Avalon owner. Used to belong on TN website for car issues. Well, about 4 days ago I bought a 2006 Saturn Vue. It's an automatic. I've been searching the web for answers before I found this site. It first started when I got my oil changed at Valvoline. Got new filters for air and cabin and of course the oil. I also had to get a battery from AAA the day after buying it. Of course they were like oh well you need a transmission flush 🙄. I do not know the service history of this car. It has 154,000 miles on it. It does seem to have an issue with speeding up and today when driving at about 35 or 40 mph it started to shake or shudder if that makes sense. I am confused on what to do between youtube and calling around asking. I had to learn as I went with my Toyota so I'm going to be doing the same thing around this time I suppose. So, I've read mixed reviews on what it could be, transmission needs a drain and fill or other issues? Anyone can point me in the some what right direction? Or am I heading in the right direction? Should I do a drain and fill on my own or really go to a Honda dealer? Any input is great except sell the car. Can't do that.
nota21 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: First ever time owning a Saturn

Does it have a v6 or 4 cyl motor.
V6 has Honda motor and trans
4 cyl has a Chevy trans. 4t45e.
So you did or did not have a trans fluid change?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:33 AM   #3
nota21

It is the V6. No I have not yet. I did call a mechanic though and he said that he wouldn't recommend one anyways, but, not knowing the service history of the car is what is leaving me unsure of what to do. It's not like I want to ruin the transmission or the car. But, it seems like I'm damned if I do or don't. If I don't and it gets worse then I ruin the transmission, if I do and it gets rid of anything holding it together I'm still screwed. Thanks for responding anyways. To be truthful she is going to be a daily driver and I really only need her to last 30,000 miles, so about 2 years for me.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:33 PM   #4
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

All you can do is a drain and fill. Pretty sure there is no trans pan to drop. Use Honda fluid. Lots of videos showing steps. My vue has toyo trans and it likes drain/fills.
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:36 PM   #5
nota21

Thanks for replying again. I'm going to end up doing this myself no doubt. Started smelling a burning smell today while waiting in drive thru line. Still shaking when driving.